cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

G955WVLU8CTF3 Update - lost all call/text/carrier services

Got the notification that G955WVLU8CTF3 /G955WOYA8CTF3 was available to download (Security patch July 1 2020). Normally it works without a hitch, but after this update it says i have an invalid sim card in the notification tray. I cannot make any calls, text, or use mobile internet.

My phone is unlocked and had been working flawlessly prior to this update. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Supernova

Re: G955WVLU8CTF3 Update - lost all call/text/carrier services

@userROP0RanodQ does this help article assist you?

https://thedroidguy.com/how-to-fix-no-sim-card-error-on-your-samsung-galaxy-s8-that-occurs-after-and...

This is another one for you: https://www.androiddata-recovery.com/blog/fix-invalid-sim-card-android

Did the above article help you? If so let us know by replying here with which step.

--

Did this reply help? Be sure to click" ✓ Accept as Solution" if you found this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. You can also click the heart to let me know your appreciation! 

Highlighted
Constellation

@JohnLoose 

None of those solutions have helped. I've done all the troubleshooting steps and still receiving the invalid SIM card error. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Same issue here with an S8. Phone was perfect until I installed that update. Noe invalid sim. On the phone with samsung and "they havent heard of this"...

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

This latest  update bricks modem part of firmware on some devices,  ways  to solve that  is to wait for official fix  with no ETA or flash modem part  from the latest XAA  firmware for SM-G955U1 (  US unlocked version )   <HIDDEN>  ive uploaded latest odin and modem file.  Turn phone off   and hold  bixby +  volume down + power till  it boots into download mode,  vol up to confirm,  connect  phone to laptop,  start odin,  click  on CP  , pick  modem file and  press start.  phone will auto reboot and becomes fully  functional.   Not sure it will get all the ongoing updates automatically after that  modem swap but it turns brick  back to life.  

Highlighted
Constellation

Just downgrade only CP file via odin .