cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

GALAXY S8 OVERHEATS AND TURNS OFF AFTER SOFTWARE UPDATE

my former post was marked as not good so i have to write all over again, thanks samsung, greater every day

S8 - SN: R28J84WJVMA IMEI: <Hidden> bought on October 2017, Best Buy, New York

every time a software updat is downloaded, my S8 heats and turns off, its been happening since septemebr 2018. ive already tried a million things, things that samsgun never has been responsabilized for. i changed the battery, i have done a master reset, and this way the phone goes very well until a new update comes and breakes everything. i really want a new phone, its not possible that a 600 uds phone that i have payed, it only last one year!!! i refuse to buy a new one and i want to leave an officla claim regarding this issue

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: GALAXY S8 BREAKS AFTER SOFTWARE UPDATE

Sounds like user error, phones dont just break from software updates. U said u changed the battery? Probably not an official oem battery problem. Try flashing an older firmware with Odin, get the firmware from sammobile.com

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: GALAXY S8 BREAKS AFTER SOFTWARE UPDATE

not user error at all and the battery is officlal!

the phone overheats before i have changed the battery, and please read my post carefully, theres all the answers for you.

the phone is notbroken, buy when i update, its difficult to turn off, and starts overheating and turning off.

is youy are aware of this is beacuse you use a better phone like apple, that this things dont happen!

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: GALAXY S8 OVERHEATS AND TURNS OFF AFTER SOFTWARE UPDATE

I use a factory unlocked 512gb/8gb ram note9, no apple phone even compares, especially if u know how to use a note9. I'd recommend getting a used or reconditioned note9. You can find them for around $300 now, android 10 one UI2.0 is nice and they will get one UI2.1 once it releases.. the camera is still very good, not the best but very capable today and shoots 4k

Highlighted
Asteroid

Thanks for your advice but notes also have this battery /software update issues. May be not all but some have. And I refuse to buy a new phone after to years use. I paid a lot of money to have the s8 

Highlighted
Product Expert

Hi there!

Have you looked to see if there is any liquid damage? You can do so by removing the SIM card tray and finding the Liquid Damage Indicator sticker and making sure it is white, if it is red, pink, or purple, that is a sign of damage. Often overheating during normal use is a sign of liquid damage. I hope this helps!

Highlighted
Asteroid

No liquid or physical damage found 

Highlighted
Product Expert

Sounds Like your device is experiencing  Main PBA failure (Motherboard). Continuing to reboot and overheating are all issues that indicate your motherboard has reached somepoint of failure and maybe be time for a new device to be sought out  

Highlighted
Asteroid

It never reboots 

Only overheats after a hard use and turn off. 

I needed to let it get cold or put it into the fridfe a little while to be able to use it again. 

This issue always happen after a software update.

If it's a motherboard issue Samsung should make phones that lasts more than two years otherwise should sell cheaper r ones. I can not afford a usd 1000 phone everytwo years and I refuse to buy a new one since I want mine to work properly