cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Supernova

Re: GIF Speeds Play Too Fast

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I really appreciate you taking the time to get in touch with us about this, @userQY0dNdRXcL.

Would you mind letting us know some information about your device so that we can look into exactly what may be contributing to this behavior?

* Model Number

* Baseband Version

* Carrier

You can find this information in Settings > About Phone. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userQY0dNdRXcL
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SM-G892A

G892AUCS2BRD4

AT&T

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, @userQY0dNdRXcL, when did you start noticing this?

Which apps do you see GIFs run quickly in?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userzOpdlODdmP
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Happened to me on my Galaxy Note 9. Cleared cache, still not working. Downloaded google messaging app. Works fine through that. Solution = go with different messaging app.
usergb1QCrGnr2
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey buddy I have the same problem with my galaxy s8 from T-Mobile.  How do I fix the gif from playing really fast when I send it in on ttext message?

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, I hope you are doing well. Would you please let us know which apps your GIFs run quickly in?

If you need help with anything else, please let us know!

userQY0dNdRXcL
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've only recently started trying to do it. It happens in the stock Samsung Messages app. 

When I view the GIF in the GAllery it plays at a normal speed. But if I send it to someone via the Samsung Messages app, it speeds it up to the point you can't even tell what is happeneing. This issue does not happen when I use the third-party messaging app Textra; but I want to keep using Samsung's app. Please find a fix soon.

SirMegaMind
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is happeing to me too (Samsung S8) I switched to the android messaging app and the gifs play fine there. You can find the app in the android app store.

userL7kwGcALDs
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

happening to me too. there are so many threads about this and they all are ignored or marked as "solved" 

fourlads
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What is the name of the app? My phone (Galaxy S7) does the same