Constellation

Re: GIF Speeds Play Too Fast

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Note 8 Sprint

userWThMPbZAxO
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This continually happens on my phone as well and it's very frustrating. I don't understand why the GIF will play normally in the GIPHY app and then when I actually send via text it is sped up to the point where you can't tell what's going on half of the time.

userpcpMQ4iWmD
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem here, gif speed plays extremely fast using the Samsung stock Messages app. Using a Note 9 SM-960U on AT&T, all apps fully updated.

userPMuSyJKcwD
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How do I fix GIF speeds on my SM-695OU? Verizon is my carrier and when I first started using GIFs it wasn't an issue. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userPMuSyJKcwD Hey, have you tried clearing the cache and force stop on the messages app? if not below is some troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Go to Settings 
  2. Apps or Applications 
  3. Find the Messages app 
  4. Force stop 
  5. Go to Storage 
  6. Clear Cache 
userKQ66QtiYHX
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

On my S8 Active going into my messaging app then going to settings>advanced messaging and turning on advanced messaging seems to have worked.

userKQ66QtiYHX
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I lied.  It only worked once.  Then it went back to fast speed.  So I rebooted and it worked once.  Future reboots were unsuccessful.  Very frustration to me and my recipients.

It seems to work sending to other Samsung phones on my plan but not to Apple devices.

userHqKEffmoi3
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have have this bug for multiple Samsung devices. S2X, S5 Active, and now both of my S8+ devices both do this.

Very frustrating.

Does Samsung not test their own stuff?

dibset
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

same issue. galaxy s8+ verizon. no message image size options in the settings, and cache resets dont work. please help samsung!!

userCwOCATnGZc
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Anoying as. Couldnt fix the same issue on my S7.    But  when  I send via whats app  its perfect..also the app   textra is good to use as an alternative.