cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userC8OaISQEPJ
Constellation

Re: GPS Issue on Galaxy s8

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I read all this 7 pages issues and tried all suggestions.

Still have the same problem. GPS does not see any satélite. 

My contribution is:

It was working when I buy in Brazil my S8 from Claro local operator.

So I trevel to Portugal and no more navigations.

I've tried everything and nothing to see any satélite.  In safe mode it works based only in wifi, Bluetooth and mobile antenas. Walking with my S8 on the street we can see the blue arrow floating on the screen.

Totally disapointed with Samsung. 

Yet, 2 years ago I did the same trip to Portugal with a J7 and the problem happens the same way. Today I am in Portugal and my wife is using the J7 normally and I with S8 can't navigate without her. Tsi tsi tsi....

Maybe a problem with my google acct. Who knows ?!

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry to hear that none of the suggestions have helped so far. You might want to check out these links for troubleshooting steps. Let us know if they help. 

http://support-us.samsung.com/cyber/popup/iframe/pop_troubleshooting_fr.jsp?idx=710036&modelname=SM-...

http://support-us.samsung.com/cyber/popup/iframe/pop_troubleshooting_fr.jsp?idx=710028&modelname=SM-...

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, Just following up to see if the steps were helpful?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
userOP95yW6Vkp
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

FOR ALL THE USERS I HOPE THIS HELP YOU...

GPS IN S8 DOESNT WORK WELL WITH ANY SAVE BATTERY PROFILE...

PLEASE TRY WITH ALL POWER SAVE PROFILE OFF.. 

ONE OF THE CARACTERISTICS OF THIS IS THE FACT OF SAVE BATTERY TRYING TO LOCATE THE PHONE VIA THE WIFI OR THE INTERNET CONNECTION AND TURN OFF THE GPS ANTENNA...

REMEMBER THIS... BY GUNS.DC

View solution in original post

userWOnIzhQ2Xx
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

this allowed me to calibrate my phone finally.  thank you!

user6r0kLkk1t0
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userOP95yW6Vkp 

Fantastic!

Finally my GPS-frustration is history! This advice actually worked out very well and my GPS is literally back on track.... :-)

Thank you!

Zineturki
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i tried everything but nothing works, anyone got their issue fixed after this period of time ?

userULyTqblAvR
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recently acquired a Galaxy J7 and initially had a similar problem with the GPS when connected to my car with the Android Auto app.   The GPS signal would get lost whenver the screen timed out.    A quick fix was to increase the screen timeout time but the max allowed was only 30 minutes.

Changing the location setting from "high accuracy" to "phone only" had no effect on my J7.   However, turning off ALL of the battery saving modes was the only way to resolve this problem,  Unfortuantely, you then can't use any of the battery saving options if you want to use Android Auto.   

Samsung should fix this issue but at least there is a work around for now.

userSau7tZSBlX
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I HAVE SWITCHED OFF BATTERY SAVE, SWITCHED OFF MY DATA AND SWITCHED OFF MY WIFI...  THERE IS NO PROXIMITY OR GPR SENSORS WORKING.  MY PHONE PICKS UP THAT THEY ARE THERE BUT DO NOT FUNCTION?

userDKCSEosvoo
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

battery saver is off on mine and still no gps. I have left a review at Amazon hoping to help people avoid this phone. I will certainly look to another manufacturer when time to get a new phone.