cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userPpBCC421zJ
Constellation

Re: GPS Issue on Galaxy s8

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The GPS on several Samsung phones have  been an issue. Have use the galaxy note one, note 4, J series and the activate.  All of them have had the malfunctioning Gps. It has you going the wrong way, the map starts swirling around in circles trying to find itself and the GPS searching signal on each of those phones. 

I’ve seen on YouTube there is a Gps connector issue somewhere on the phones. So this is nothing new. It’s not Google maps nor any of the other map apps. I also have an iPhone and can verify that all the map apps Work great! I have not tried Motorola or an HTC to see if it’s an android issue or a manufacture issue. Again, it’s not the map, it’s the phone.

GPS Issue on Galaxy s8

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I had the same issue with my S8 plus. Thus I decided to purchase the new S9. However even the phone is new I am facing the same problems. I have used SmartSwitch to configure S9. I guess I have copied the problem from the S8 to the S9. Does anyone know how to solve the problem ? I can't use neither Waze nor Google maps
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you try the troubleshooting steps provided by SamsungCole?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Totodile20
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Tried steps. My phone has stopped working with gps (SM-G950F). And my mum's has also stopped working, some model.

Totodile20
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Steps from SamsungCole btw. Buying an iPhone next
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Were you able to try the step @userOP95yW6Vkp presented?

user3087hiKFai
Astronaut

Re: GPS Issue on Galaxy S8+

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi I've just last couple of days since Tom Tom updated now getting serious GPS issues, as described in a lot of these blogs it's gone from working brilliant to not at all.

I've tried all resets, cache cleaning ect turned power saving off , switched other things on and off again as help pages suggest to no avail, My work Samsung phone has the same Tom Tom GO app on it but not updated is working just fine, but is a pain to use for navigation as its used to scan my jobs to each drop I make and is in and the van frequently.

Since.TomTom GO September 10th 18 update applied to my S8+ TomTom GO is now non functioning, GPS is totally useless .

So appears to an app thing not Samsung phone thing.

Time to buy yet another  New Sat Nav again am a courier so need my maps to work correctly .. thought having Tom Tom GO on my phone would eliviate the need to purchase one at considerable expense right now. 

userrmpZo5X3GA
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello.

I have S8+ and after September 2018 update, the GPS can't detect any satellite. 

I normally use Google maps or Waze, and after that update on device the apps never locked on GPS signal again.

After that I have installed "GPS Test" app, and no satellite appears on the horizon. Until that update the GPS worked without problems. 

Does Samsung detected this behaviour on the same device after September update?

Can you correct this problem URGENTLY?

I'm ashamed of saying that I have a top of market phone, that does not have a working GPS.

Thanks. 

Rui

userxK6xyc2GcZ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue. After the update the gps is very unstable / unusable. It drops often to 0 sattelites and takes ages to get a fix with a couple of sattelites.  I cannot use my gps and navigation because of this problem. I did a factory reset  and deleted cache but nothing works.