cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uservyoziV0tnK
Constellation

Re: GPS Issue on Galaxy s8

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did the service center help? They suggested  a full reset of my phone with no guarantee.. let us know if your  phone is all better. Thanks.

user7SuwAFDiHW
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I ended up taking my phone to the service center for a cracked screen, and mentioned the gps was not working and they must have opened it up, because they replaced the back glass as well and the gps works wonderfully!  No idea what they did, but I am happy Smiley Happy

userXhriX7h6Ay
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Same here. This post is 2017 is there any solution to fix this?
userALHwiXm24j
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

GPS issue. I ride mountain bike we use strava app to record our rides my phone sucks doesn't record my rides while my buddies with different phones their works just fine. I still have my old iphone 6S plus i think i will go back to iphone. 

userPTeio0hZtd
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issue.  Hopefully we'll get a software fix.  Really dissapointed after spending so much on this phone.

DonC98
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have had GPS issues on every Samsung phone I have had since the note 4. The easiest way I found to resolve this is to use GPS Status from the play store. This will allow you to setup A-GPS sync to a more frequent time frame. On times when the GPS drops signals and A - GPS kicks in you will not see the delays. I do have my GPS settings set to high accuracy.
No issues with Waze or google maps now.
userBb2AiYdF8u
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

same issues on s8

GPS signal lost often and apps like Lyft say location not trusted.

Very surprised as this phone is expensive and supposed to be state of the art.

Also have issues with "Okay Google" not working intermittently.

userPG9fkvYETi
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you please explain how to do that AGPS thing? Thanks 

user2ajpVJmZmZ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I rezolve it by downloading gps status from google play than on the left corner choose calibrate pinch and roll. After that calibrate the compass to. After that gps works good. Hope that it helps you to.

user7SuwAFDiHW
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having this issue as well...I believe since the September update too.  Can't calibrate the compass correctly and that causes the gps to not get a fix