cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usersjPlUPxNOF
Constellation

Re: GPS Issue on Galaxy s8

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I too am having this issue. GPS tracking totally lost after the update. 

not sure what the update is all about. It just says .. better security and bug fixes.. and all it does is induce more bugs in your perfectly fine device.. flagship phone that cant perform the basic function of directing from point A to point B.. this is a serious let down from samsung.. 

and when you visit service centre all they do is wipe your phone .. connect to the computer and do a frest installation of thea android.. and it does not help

userAearSDMGV0
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This so annoying since i use waze and/or Google. Map alot. Months since S8 came out, I had this issue since day one. No GPS 

userAearSDMGV0
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This so annoying since i use waze and/or Google. Map alot. Months since S8 came out, I had this issue since day one. No GPS 

userAearSDMGV0
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userPTeio0hZtd wrote:

I'm having the same issue.  Hopefully we'll get a software fix.  Really dissapointed after spending so much on this phone.

userWg9m3N7znH
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The calibration step fixed it for me as well:  GPS Calibration

useritxi0eWfpo
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
The GPS problem started a while ago when I still had an S6, so I am wondering if it's Google Maps that's the problem. I had a good couple of years trouble free, so it could be an app update that's causing the difficulties. When I'm at home the location wanders, when I'm at work it thinks I'm still at home. I've had to disable smart lock for location based unlocking. If you move the phone in a figure 8 for a while it resets the gyro sensors and brings the location back to where you actually are.
uservoU9OTh9tp
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@ec34500 wrote:

Got this phone a couple weeks ago and have noticed the GPS location on this phone has been very off. Sometimes it finds me just fine, sometimes it doesnt. When in Google Maps navigation, it will sometimes say "searching for GPS" like I turned my location off when I haven't. The gyoscope in Google Maps is also off - I've tried callebrating it, which helps for a short period of time, but then goes out again.  Only help I've found is turning location off for a bit, and turning it back on. WiFi also needs to be on in order for it to track correctly.

Anyone else noticing this issue? Or is the GPS on my phone defective?

Thanks

I

uservoU9OTh9tp
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes... I have the same frustrating issue

... it one of the functions I do use often and it's left me going the wrong way many time... for a new phone it's disappointing..  is there a fix?

gkaya
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

same problem on my s8!

userWg9m3N7znH
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Calibration (get one of the apps) and a restart did the trick for me.