cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userNEvSakocs1
Constellation

Galaxy S8 Active android 9 - multiple issues

After the 9.0 update for my S8 Active last month I've noticed a few bugs. Some major apps like youtube and amazon will occasionally not open. I'm greeted with just a white or black screen that never progresses beyond that. The only resolution is to restart my phone. I sometimes have to do this 2 to 3 times a day just to open an app. I also just noticed that alexa isnt compatible with this device now. Can't set basic voice commands like setting an alarm. Anyone else having any issues with 9.0 on the active or know if a new update will be out soon?

3 REPLIES 3
Comet

Re: Galaxy S8 Active android 9 - multiple issues

Maybe try to clear the device Cache and see if it helps, to do so follow the instructions in the link:

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-37147

If you want, Samsung has built in Voice Assistant called Bixby you can set it up and instruct it to do Voice Commands or Your device must also have Google Voice Assistant, for Voice Commands.

NBI

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

userNEvSakocs1
Constellation

Re: Galaxy S8 Active android 9 - multiple issues

I cleared the cache partition as instructed. It has been about 7 hours since I cleared it and rebooted. My camera stopped working along with a few other apps along with those listed previously. Restarting the phone is a temporary fix. I did not have any of these issues before the 9.0 update.

Highlighted
Comet

Maybe try to run the device in Safe mode and see if the i...

Maybe try to run the device in Safe mode and see if the issue still occurs in Safe mode. If not the problem might be because of the some of the downloaded by app by you. Maybe there aren't supported in Android 9 or on One UI. If still there are issues in Safe Mode, then your best option is to do Factory Reset. And see if it resolves it. Before doing Factory Reset make sure to create backup of your important files and documents, so that you can restore. To run Device in Safe mode follow the instructions in the link:

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-34283

NBI

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.