userBD0IhZ9Fka
Constellation

Re: Galaxy S8 Bluetooth Connection

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Samgung support,

Following the results for the tests suggested by samsung support team:

Troubleshooting 1

"Soft Key Reset:
Press and hold the power and volume down simultaneously for 30 seconds. After the elapsed time, try restarting the phone. Check with the results."

UNQUOTE

Result 1 for Troubleshooting 1

Turn off the Bluetooth sync on my AR Santa Clara speakers turn on the Dual Mode on S8+.

On this configuration i do NOT experiencing the "hup" on the connection with the speakers but NEITHER the completly loss of connections with the devices.

Result 2 for Troubleshooting 1

Turn on the Bluetooth sync on my AR Santa Clara speakers turn off the Dual Mode on S8+

On this configuration i DO experiencing the "hup" on the connection with the speakers but do NOT the completly loss of connections with the devices.

PS: For HUP i mean are fast hipcups on the connection from time to time.

2nd Troubleshooting requested by Samsung Support Team.

"Safe Mode:
1. Power the phone off then power it back on.
2. Press and hold Volume Down + Bixby button when the animated Samsung logo appears.
Important: If you use Fingerprint or Iris security features the device will require the backup password to unlock after rebooting.
3. The Phone is now in safe mode. Safe Mode will appear in the lower left corner of the screen.
4. Test to see if the issue is still occurring while in safe mode. If it is not there is an issue with the application/s while in safe mode the app developer/s would need to be contacted.
5. To exit safe mode reboot the phone."

UNQUOTE

Result 1 for Troubleshooting 2

Turn off the Bluetooth sync on my AR Santa Clara speakers turn on the Dual Mode on S8+.

On this configuration i do NOT experiencing the "hup" on the connection with the speakers but NEITHER the completly loss of connections with the devices.

Result 2 for Troubleshooting 2

Turn on the Bluetooth sync on my AR Santa Clara speakers turn off the Dual Mode on S8+

PS: On the Safe mode i can not used the applications like Google Play Music or DI.fm because they got disable by the safe mode. I could you only the samsung to play some songs and they work fine.

Conclusion:

As you mention on the above step 4 to contact the application i think it would be easier if Samsung support take this step and follow up with the application team considering is both of your intersted to keep customers satisfaction rates, not only on the product which is Samgung S8+ but also on application available for the phone in question.

Thanks and Best Regards,

userGDmNxbIiqs
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I've done some further testing trying it with media volume sync off and on as well as dual audio and none of it remedied the stuttering, skipping sound. It occurs in multiple apps and the included Samsung "song" and player. This was all with my apple airpods. So last minute I decide to connect my Jaybird X3's that I was never a fan of and abandoned after getting the airpods. To my surprise, they work nearly perfectly. They are not skipping and are working 95% better than the airpods. Exact same settings. Range is good and they work no matter where my fine is--even in the other room.
Problem for me is that I really like the airpods and wanted to be able to use them with the s8.
CaleJr
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Two weeks and two OS updates later on T-Mobile and still no fix for this very real problem. Restarting, clearing cache, etc only fixes stuttering problem temporarily, if at all. Affects all devices in all apps. Can we get a status update? Is this hardware or software? Is it being looked at or ignored? Thanks! 

userNUhJjxxupq
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the exact same issues. My s7 edge+ had no issues, but the s8 is out of hand with the skipping. Rebooting the phone doesn't help but for a few seconds. Wired headphones work fine but Bluetooth, not so much!

userl4mvbnL1yK
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Problems with Samsung phones with Bluetooth 5.0 seem to be a compatibility problem that won't be resolved until Oreo 8.0 is released. I expect Samsung to continue ignoring this problem until then. ( information from Elsewhere on the web) With Android 8.0 Oreo, Google bakes-in support for Bluetooth 5.0, which means that you can seamlessly connect to your Bluetooth 5 devices as you used to do with older Bluetooth standards.
Her_Kitty_Daddy
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm not so sure that this is the problem. (But I admit to not knowing for sure.)

None of the devices I'm using are BT5, all BT4 and work *FINE* with my old iPod or other phones or wife's iPhone. The common denominator seems to be my super expenisve Samsung Galaxy S8+ phone. Smiley Sad

I know that BT4 works fine with other devices so I don't think waiting for the next rev of OS (which probably will be limited to new(er) phones) is the way we should be hoping for a solution.

userGgHrm6hgwt
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Has a fix been identified? The S8+ never automatically connects to my bowers and wilkins headphone. Has to be done manually in settings each time. I had the S7 till 4 days ago and that would connect automatically seamlessly. thanks

userJtluNaMM4n
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have been having this same issue. Provided is everything I have tried. 

S7 connection to both my JVC and Pioneer deck was Flawless. Use to stream Spotify all the time. Also used stock music player. Upgraded to the s8+ and it's skipping. Almost like it's turning off and back on. Did a full removal of connections on all devices and reset all devices to see if that fixed it and it didn't. For the last 3 weeks i have worked with Spotify thinking it was their app. Nothing worked there either. So it is with the phone. 

Is there a power management for bluetooth or something that can cause the Bluetooth to reset? 

Highlighted
userdMUqQeUsAF
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Has there been any update? My new S8 bluetooth connection is much worse than my old LG G3! I can't even have the phone in my pocket without losing connection intermittently.

CaleJr
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userdMUqQeUsAF wrote:

Has there been any update? My new S8 bluetooth connection is much worse than my old LG G3! I can't even have the phone in my pocket without losing connection intermittently.

No update and no release date for the Samsung Experience update that comes with Nougat 7.1 which might fix the problem. Note that even when we do get an update from Samsung, it could be days / weeks / months before it is released by the carriers, so I wouldn't hold my breath.