cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PeteRyde
Constellation

Re: Galaxy S8 Bluetooth Connection

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the bluetooth stuttering issue in my car. Almost skipped every 5th word in songs. I tried all the cache clearing, restart, etc with no change. 

I then tried the following as suggested earlier:

Settings > Connection > More Connection Settings > Nearby Device Scanning > Off

This completely fixed it for me.  Now works perfectly. 

user1tFXbyou7e
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The May security patch didn't mention anything about Bluetooth. But I haven't had any issues Since. Before the security update my Bluetooth was pretty much useless if it was more than 12" away 

Knight108
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

T-Mobile user, i thought this was just me but i get stuttering on my sound bar, bluetooth connection 5 feet away.

I get constant cut offs on my plantronics backbeat fits which thankfully i can hit the phone button on my headset to reconnect. This cut off seems to be sporadic as some days i'll stay connected, others its every 10 feet i take i lose it. 

I also have a fitbit blaze and thought the battery drain was odd until i came here. 

I did the update yesterday, also turned off the search and turned off my all day connection and i still have the issue. Nothing has been fixed. 

Pretty upset about this as i try to use everything wireless and this is a show stopper for me, if this doesn't get fixed soon i'll be looking elsewhere. 

Been a loyal Galaxy user and samsung in general for a decade or so.

Please get this figured out!

Highlighted
userdMUqQeUsAF
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Turning nearby device scanning off made no difference in my phone. Still have bad Bluetooth connections.

userG7N4ZgIYXA
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue. Shorter Bluetooth range and lower quality. This needs to be fixed ASAP  Smiley Sad((

userpxTO2qoIl9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does anyone actually monitor this board?

CaleJr
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userpxTO2qoIl9 wrote:

Not anyone with any real support capability or actual information, just tier 1 moderators following scripts. It's basically just a glorified disgruntled user echo chamber.

I still believe the best way to get traction on this issue is to get more articles written about it, problem is all the ones so far got it wrong by claiming this last update was going to solve all the problems, so we're back to square one on applying any pressure to Samsung to actually take this issue seriously.

johnnytapia
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@CaleJr wrote:

@userpxTO2qoIl9 wrote:

Not anyone with any real support capability or actual information, just tier 1 moderators following scripts. It's basically just a glorified disgruntled user echo chamber.

I still believe the best way to get traction on this issue is to get more articles written about it, problem is all the ones so far got it wrong by claiming this last update was going to solve all the problems, so we're back to square one on applying any pressure to Samsung to actually take this issue seriously.

Yea, what concerns me more is that there aren't LOTS more articles about this issue. That tells me that this may be an isolated problem affecting only a certain number of devices. Is this was a widespread failure affecting all devices that were produced, you can bet Samsung would have fixed the problem almost the same day it was reported.

userlYh6iHQozc
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samr problem for me.  Never had a problem with several S7E's with the same apps and same car.  My S8+ keeps disconnecting.  

userW9XicqXOzF
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have a sort of similar  issue.. My s8+ pairs with my 2007 BMW but it drops the connection within 10 seconds after connecting.. my previous note 5 worked flawlessly.