cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usergp3ZPqircG
Constellation

Re: Galaxy S8 Bluetooth Connection

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You see, the issue is that I feel this isn't a software issue, this is a hardware issue -- who know's how Samsung will handle if it is indeed a hardware issue. I use Bluetooth daily, and find that my $800 phone seems to be still in beta testing rather than a completley finished product. Seems like they rushed a bunch of things to get things out. The S8 doesn't even have the latest verison of QuickCharge. Either way, if no official annoucnemnt is made within the next week that a software update will completely fix this bluetooth bug, I'm not going to be keeping this phone and will return it... rather wait for Pixel #2 or w/e it'll be called.

userRU6wwIFsJH
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How much patience are people supposed to have when they're shelling out close to $800 for the phone?  You say the mod has notified Samsung and they're finding a way to fix it.  It's July.  I just bought the phone and it won't detect devices my S5 paired with in seconds without a hitch.  Samsung is passing a prototype off as a finished product.  I called them and the person I spoke with blamed my devices.  I use my wireless headphones and the bluetooth in my cars every day.  I'm not waiting six months or however long it takes Samsung to fix this.  My S5 works better, I'll keep using it.  Of course I'll be out the money I paid to activate the new Sim, and a restocking fee for returning an item that doesn't work as claimed, but better than being out $765 while waiting for a fix.  I'll readily admit I have no patience for expensive devices that malfunction.  I tried all the "fixes" people recommend.  Already spent hours of my time fooling with this thing, making calls to "tech" people, and the phone still can't do what my 3 year old S5 can.  Lame. 

johnnytapia
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Bluetooth issues have completely gone away since the last update (AT&T, Baseband version ending in AQF7). With that, I will bid this thread adieu!

Highlighted
User Paul
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@johnnytapia wrote:

My Bluetooth issues have completely gone away since the last update (AT&T, Baseband version ending in AQF7). With that, I will bid this thread adieu!

Congrats.

Anyone else know what the T-Mobile baseband version number might be?

My current build is G950U1UEU1AQE3, which is what you get for an unlocked phone bought from Amazon on Prime day.

userpJ3vWXXiUQ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Has this issue honestly not been addressed yet? What a bunch of crap. I've owned every S series phone since the galaxy S2 and have NEVER had such poor Bluetooth connectivity like I have on my new s8 that I've had since launch. 

My galaxy s7 started having slight issues towards the release of the s8 which I assumed was related to a software update and thought it would be sorted before launch, nope. 

I have 2 pairs of Bluetooth headphones, 3 Bluetooth speakers, two smart watches and my vehicle that don't work worth a crap because of this. I have tried absolutely every single fix I can find online and have attempted to call Samsung and been treated like an idiot both times. 

Samsung this is absolutely pathetic. A flagship phone should not be having something as simple as Bluetooth not work properly, come on..... BLUETOOTH!! This is kids stuff, it's been around forever. The best part is most of my Bluetooth devices are Samsung, and work perfectly fine with my brothers lg g6 so I know it's not the other devices. 

I cant explain how frustrated I am along with many other users on this forum. Oh wait, Samsung has "no knowledge of this issue" despite there being multiple forums and hundreds of people having said issue. I also haven't seen much of the moderator lately which tells me nothing has been said or done to fix this. 

Get your s*** together Samsung or I'm done with you. 

userP3iSFpRs2s
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I found when I have the volume up all the way on the phone itself, it  breaks up.  However, if I turn it down just a click or two, it stops.  Give that a try.

JustinT
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having a similar issue that I just noticed today. I was out for a walk on two different ocassions today and when I put my phone in my pocket, the media got very choppy. If I took the phone out of my pocket, it was fine, however, if I put it behind my back, it got choppy again. It seems that when the phone was out of line of sight that it was choppy. This occured with three different pair of BlueTooth headphones. 

usergp3ZPqircG
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same exact issues, but not just that the quality of the Bluetooht signal constantly changes. My JayBird X2s sound great on my iPhone 7, but terrible on the S8, even when the connection seems "strong" the audio fiedelity isn't there as it is wiht my iPhone or even OnePlus 3.

userGDmNxbIiqs
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok my experience sounds similar to many others. I have skipping audio on my airpods. One thing I can say is that this wasn't occurring before I updated my device. I am using the tmobile variant and the first thing I did prior to updating my phone was test my airpod functionality and it was great. After updating the device I immediately noticed the skipping and breaking up issues. 

usermd40ayhr49
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My new Galaxy S8 not detecting the Mazda CX9 blue tooth connection. I have tried SCAN option and also kep the Mada on pair mode. S8 does show my fitbit when it scans, but unable to find the mazda.

Any recommendations on how to solve this ?

thanks.