Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
nleighc
Asteroid

Galaxy S8 Bluetooth Connection

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Love to use my phone connected to my car to listen to music but my S8 breaks up when i'm listening to the music. It kind of sounds like a cd skipping. I never had this issue with my S7. Has anyone else had issues with their Bluetooth connectivity? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Supernova

Re: Galaxy S8 Bluetooth Connection

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Alright everybody, I know this is still a big concern with most users. So I came back on here to provide some clarification. First, please keep in mind that our team here has limited support on international and/or foreign devices. The regional teams dedicated to those models may have further insight on the matter.
These S8 model phones are running Bluetooth 5 which is a newer version that may not be being used by the other devices you are attempting to pair to which can result in this problem. 
Regardless, please review the following steps for this kind of connectivity issue:

• Check for software updates on both the phone and the device you are connecting to. For those connecting to their car radio, you will need to reach out to the dealership for this.
• Make sure the devices you are trying to pair with are designed to connect to the S8, as each device as a specific profile that spells out what it can connect with.
• Simply try turning off/on, soft reset the phone.
• Toggle the Bluetooth service off/on. A list of devices will generate that Smartphone can pair with or have already paired before. 

NOTE: Older models will require to enable discovery or visibility time

Home > Settings > Navigate to Bluetooth > turn on\off 
- Check the option to be visible to paired devices. 

Make sure Bluetooth devices are within 30 feet of each other and tap scan. 

• Unpair or forget devices under paired under Devices > Home > Apps> Settings > Navigate to Bluetooth > Paired Devices > select the cogwheel > Select to Unpair/Forget 
• Toggle with the NFC setting in Home > Apps> Settings > Connect and Share > NFC > Turn Off NFC. 
• Toggle with Wi-Fi Connection in Home > Apps> Settings > Connect > Wi-Fi > Turn Off 
• Enter device into Safe Mode to Identified 3rd party application issues. 
If the device works properly in safe mode that means that an installed app is most likely responsible for cause of the issue. 
To determine what app might be causing the issue, uninstall any third party apps you have recently downloaded one by one and test to see if the problem still persists.
• Test the phone with other Bluetooth devices. This will test for connectivity stability between the Smartphone and Bluetooth devices. 
In addition it can determine if Smartphone Bluetooth is hardware malfunctioning. 
• Clear Data & Cache on Bluetooth Application Manager > Home > Apps > Settings > Device > Application Manager > Scroll to the left until you find All > Search for Bluetooth > Clear Data & Cache > Reboot the device.
Reset Network Settings: >>>Home > Backup and Reset > Reset Network Settings > This will reset all network settings, including those for
- Wi-Fi
- Mobile Data
- Bluetooth 

• Clear Cache Partition > Turn off the device > Press and hold Home, Power and Volume Down buttons simultaneously until the device vibrates > When the Samsung logo appears, release them. > Tap Volume Down repeatedly until you Wipe Cache Partition. Select it with the power button. Select Yes > Wait for the process to complete> Phone will reboot.
• Performing a Factory Reset: Before performing this step, advice customer to backup all personal data they wish to save. This can be done using Smart-Switch on customer PC. A factory reset will wipe phone clean, restoring the software to how it was when the device left the factory. Steps > From the Home screen touch Settings. > Touch backup and reset. > Touch Factory data reset. >Touch Reset device.

*** FOR THOSE OF YOU PAIRING TO A VEHICLE PLEASE SEE THE FOLLOWING STEPS:  ***
Note: Due to different specifications and features of other Bluetooth-compatible devices, display and operations may be different, and functions such as transfer or exchange may not be possible with all Bluetooth compatible devices. 
• Check to see if the car stereo has reached the limit for connections. It's possible that your vehicle has a limit placed within the system and you may need to delete older profiles. This information may be found within the user manual, or by contacting the dealership.
• Try starting from scratch - Delete/remove/forget/unpaired Bluetooth from the phone and from the car stereo (See User Manual for vehicle system stereo on how to remove Bluetooth devices). After removing/clearing all device from phone and car stereo rediscover both devices and pair them back together. 
• Update the hardware’s firmware on vehicle system - Visit your local dealership to check for any updates to vehicle system/stereo. It’s a possibility that after updates to smartphone, Bluetooth compatibility between devices have changed.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

823 REPLIES 823
userXmM4rrXgxf
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue on my S8.  Using the Sony SBH80 bluetooth headset audio breaks up very often.   I didn't have this issue on my previous device LG G6.  

J-S-W
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issue with my fitbit and my yurbuds wireless headphones. the bluetooth doesn't even pick them up as available devices. I've restarted both devices, I've updated each to the latest hardware,software, firmware version. They paired just minutes before to another cellular device. But no go on my brand new S8.

userLttcfuaUPg
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here. The range is half of my S5 and it chops up all the time even next to my headphones or car stereo.

user8gMAwFtEVo
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i too am experiencing these issues. my s5 connects fine without any problems to my kenwood car stereo, every time I start my car.  with my s8, the BT only connects about 70% of the time.  I don't have problems connecting to my imw455 speaker, but the range is only approximately 40% of my s5. the audio breaks up and cuts out very frequently. 

Micah3412
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm glad to see you all have tried these steps and I'm sorry to see that not everyone was able to find a resolution. But I really appreciate all of the contributions here to help me fully understand everyones situation. 
We've officially established - setting resets do NOT work. I'm sorry if I've been pushing this too hard on you guys and I'm going to see if I can find some more options/answers from our lab tech here. 
I know this feature is working sporadically for everyone because of this 5.0 BT upgrade on the new phone itself, especially after the Android Nougat 7.0 update and I want to let you guys know right now that I won't be able to garauntee a fix for everyone using third party BT accessories. When the new 7.1 update rolls out it should be addressing this chaos and hopefully resolve a lot of it.

Give me some time to comb back through this and forward the list of all the steps and details we've gone over in here to that tech I mentioned and see if there's any additional info we can get.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Teocal22
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have been having the issue with bluetooth stuttering through my music media (spotify, pandora) and it seems to go away then come back. I've done everything that has been done on this thread. I just don't get how my calls are not affected. There is no chopiness when I am on a call via bluetooth in my car. when is the new 7.1 update coming out?

CaleJr
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Teocal22 wrote:

I have been having the issue with bluetooth stuttering through my music media (spotify, pandora) and it seems to go away then come back. I've done everything that has been done on this thread. I just don't get how my calls are not affected. There is no chopiness when I am on a call via bluetooth in my car. when is the new 7.1 update coming out?

There is no release date yet. First Samsung has to release it, and then it will trickle through to the carriers. I'd brace yourself for months of stuttering, not weeks, if the update even resolves the problem. Currently, there is no official confirmation that Samsung acknowledges the problem is real. 

userbYwY5zPHMq
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Then guarantee me a fix for the Samsung Level U Pro headphones I have that also skip.

This is not a blame-it-on-bluetooth 5 issue. Bluetooth 5 is perfectly backwards compatible as a protocol. If there is a compatibility issue it is Samsung's implementation and software stack, not "Bluetooth 5". Bluetooth 5 is a hardware and software specification for operation. Samsung's implementation is broken.

We all appreciate your job is to try to offer solutions without real engineer backing. Despite your best efforts, none of the solutions work. This is a serious issue for many users, across dozens of popular devices listed in this thread alone - all devices that worked perfectly with previous Samsung phones and with all other properly implemented Bluetooth stacks.

The S8 and S8+ have a serious bluetooth issue. Audio skips with any connected bluetooth devices, if they are able to connect to begin with. This includes Samsung's latest bluetooth headphones. This is NOT a Bluetooth 5 compatibility issue.

Escalate this please.