cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userFlvbmYgTnT
Asteroid

Galaxy S8 Clock Not Working Properly After June 2019 Update

After the most recent June 2019 update, my clock app no longer works properly (specifically the alarm function).  The alarm name ONLY appears if you are not already in another app.  If you are already in another app when the alarm rings, then you get a very tiny box with the alarm time and snooze or dismiss buttons but not the actual name of the alarm.  You then have to snooze or dismiss the alarm, open the Clock program and find the alarm time to see the name of the alarm, which is not going to work for me long term.  I set alarms for work functions throughout the day, and this new update is counterproductive.  Does anyone have a solution for this?  I'd prefer to uninstall the update because it changed many settings in other apps that I have to now reset one app at a time, but from what I understand the update cannot be uninstalled.  Any suggestions to fix this issue would be appreciated!

9 REPLIES 9
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy S8 Clock Not Working Properly After June 2019 Update

Have you tried unpairing and re-pairing the watch?

userFlvbmYgTnT
Asteroid

It isn't a watch, just the clock app on the phone itself.  Thanks for the suggestion, though!

Samsung_LBp1B8g
Astronaut

The same happened to me. If it was not your post i would...

The same happened to me. If it was not your post i would have said i overslept. Some alarmsnon my phone did not work.

userFlvbmYgTnT
Asteroid

Re: The same happened to me. If it was not your post i would...

Hopefully there is a solution, because it is a frustrating problem when you rely on the alarms as much as I do.

userZ1OLU1mbnQ
Constellation

Re: The same happened to me. If it was not your post i would...

The same happened to me too. I overslept already 2 days. My boss is not happy Smiley Sad

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I recommend trying Bixby Reminders. https://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/apps/bixby/reminder/

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Bixby Reminders is for your phone as well.

userFlvbmYgTnT
Asteroid

Yes, but I don't like Bixby and don't wish to switch from my current clock app to Bixby Reminders.  Any suggestions on how to get the clock app to work would be appreciated, though!

userFlvbmYgTnT
Asteroid

Thank you for the suggestion, but I don't like Bixby and do not want to make a switch from my current app.  I just need the app to work the same as it did before the update.