cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Galaxy S8 Hacked..need help

I have a Galaxy S8 and clicked an a Terrorism Article about Daniel Pearl.

My phone froze and the following message appeared at the bottom of the screen:

Send money from your bank account to theirs with our app [WU > ]

I cannot power off and do not have the tools to get to the battery right now. 

Can anyone help me with this situation ?

Thanx !

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Galaxy S8 Hacked..need help

Hi @userB0ter12kCZ ,

Only way would be to factory reset your phone, but you would lose all your data. 

• Hold the Volume up, Bixby, and Power buttons at the same time, and keep them held down until you see the Samsung logo.
  • After 30 seconds, you should see the Android Recovery Menu. If your phone boots up as normal, try repeating the previous two steps.
  • Press the Volume down button four times, until Wipe data/Factory reset is highlighted. Select it using the Power button.
  • Press the Volume down button seven times until Yes — delete all user data is highlighted. Select it using the Power button, which triggers the reset process.
  • Once the factory reset is complete, press the Power button and select reboot system now.

Best regards

Highlighted
Product Expert

Also please follow 

In the event your Galaxy S8 becomes frozen or unresponsive, you can always force it to restart by following these steps. Hold down the Power button and Volume Down button at the same time for about 8 seconds until until the display turns off, the phonevibrates and the the Samsung Galaxy S8 start up screen appears.

Best regards

JORTIZ_12

Product Expert

Hi, 

You can also contact an authorized Samsung repair center  msuch as Ubreakifix to see if thay can do a factory reflash to assure the software is not compromised.