cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Astronauts
Asteroid

Galaxy S8+ Notification does not wake screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So happy to get the Galaxy S8+. Amazing phone...just one annoying thing. The notification system does not work as intended. Some app wakes the screen and most don't...like txt msg and whatsapp works. You have to actually go into whatsapp to turn on the app setting notification in order to get it to work. But no other notification wakes the screen. 

I have tried multiple settings...like turn off edge lighting, turn on and off notification settings in the notification section and also at the lock screen and security section. No settings wakes the screen when notification comes in. It only beeps and LED light turns on. 

I have also reset my phone 3 times (total wipe) and did not recover apps and have contacted tech support 3 times and the last time I had to go to a Samsung kiosk at Best Buy to reflash with new firmware. Still does not work. 

I am not sure if this is the limitation of touchwiz, but it is dissapointing with such an open OS, you cannot execute such a simple thing. 

Please help if someone could figure this out...or maybe Samsung just needs to get this fix asap. 

Jay

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Astronauts
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy S8+ Notification does not wake screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I think this solution works. There is an app called Glimpse Notification. It will wake up the screen when notification comes in.
1 REPLY 1
Astronauts
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy S8+ Notification does not wake screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I think this solution works. There is an app called Glimpse Notification. It will wake up the screen when notification comes in.