cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Galaxy S8 Plus - Broken screen - Repair centers waiting on SAMSUNG!

JUMP TO SOLUTION
my phone screen just cracked as well. i dropped from a couple feet and it did not even sound that bad, but it has a crack from bottom to top. i have dropped phones on concrete multiple times and none of them have ever cracked, and those were definitely gorilla glass, but this phone being gorilla glass 5, there is no way it should crack with such a small fall. i have heard samsung had 1 free screen repair for all previous phone, but now when their most fragile phone has been released, they got rid of that service. They are sending me refurbished phones that are not in the best condition, and if i reject those replacements i can never file a claim to try again in the future. Their repair service for a "virtually indestructible" phone costs $205.66, essentially costing me $1000 for this phone. this is just ridiculous. Had I bought an iPhone, they would have fixed my screen for $29 with apple care. But I am not am iPhone person because of how fragile their screens are. I can clearly say this galaxy S8 is mor e fragile than an iPhone. samsung has really disppointed me and i dont think i will ever buy a samsung phone again. my prebious HTCs and Motorola phone were way more durable and havee never cracked with multiple drops.
useryi9wJBNdhn
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My ass virtually indestructible

JUMP TO SOLUTION
How much is it for them to repair it
user0qv3U7TaVv
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Virtually indestuctable ... lol that is the biggest joke I've ever heard, this is by far the worst more fragile screen there has ever been on a smart phone, mine broke falling less than a foot onto a deck, coupled with the fact Bixby keeps randomly starting youtube videos even with youtube uninstalled and disabled has driven me from any samsung product.

user6lNobfY3M5
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Has anyone started a class action suit yet or Not? There are 28 pages worth of comments from all of us who have stressed over this phone whose screen is clearly defective and cracks from any drop. Its time we put up or shut up.

If someone has started a suit, please post lawyer details so we can all join in.

userdrzVQ9IRxs
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had my Samsung S8+ for 2 days. It had the $49.99 Zagg protective glass cover.  The cover and the phone broke while it was in my pocket and got only a very slight bump. This is the most fragile phone in existence.  Took it back to Best Buy. They said sorry. Now, I have to pay for the repair. Ugh!

userEGk5vV1u0R
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Any idea on the cost of repair? Mine literally fell around a foot and is smashed. So fragile. Gorilla Glass my arse.

userZFgiNZIlQZ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

my 20h old S8+ fell out of my pocket while pulling up my pants onto a bathroom rug and now i have a cracked screen! Worst part is that the local repair shops quoted the cost of repair at 6-700cad! whats the point of an $1100 phone if it breaks when you look at it?! Case is still in the mail; im hoping it holds things together until prices of parts go down :'(

(first screen ever to crack, and i've owned ALOT of devices).

userVslCBNXR7I
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

ARe you kidding me?! $700-$800? Im just now searching for a repair center and hope to god that this is incorect.

Highlighted
userq8aZ0j4Knc
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

agree with you I have owned every iphone since generation1.

Just switch first day bought the phone was unpacking and it fell out crack the entire side.

So bought second handset, whilst the first was being repaired (i paid for the repairs)

Now 1.5months later it slipped to bathroom sink onto the floor inside a cover and still smashed the infinty dispay as the curved edges jutt out of the every cover almost.

So it is becoming a very expensive and ardious task. Phone user experience due to quality of graphics great better than my iphone 7+ which is the second handset i use.

But regretting the switch due to fragility of this phone... not nice conversion to samsung from apple that's for sure.