cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userJtbDKrFOMT
Constellation

Galaxy S8 Plus - Broken screen - Repair centers waiting on SAMSUNG!

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Long story short - My phone vibrated off a desk and fell approx. 1.5 feet and hit the rim of a PLASTIC trash can and shattered the side of the screen. (Don't get me started on how fragile this phone is - there are numerous online articles discussing the durability ratings of these phones). Luckily, I purchased the Geek Squad insurance when I bought the phone. I brought the phone to the appropriate Best Buy (that has an onsite Samsung repair rep.) The Samsung representative first said it would only take a few days to get the parts in. Then the story changed to the fact that Samsung will NOT release the phones unless they have a special software to test the phone's waterproofing after it has been reassembled. My question is: DOES ANYONE AT SAMSUNG KNOW WHEN BEST BUY WILL RECEIVE THE SOFTWARE!? They have had my phone for two weeks and have no idea when it is being shipped to them. Someone has to know when they will receive it.
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: Galaxy S8 Plus - Broken screen - Repair centers waiting on SAMSUNG!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, folks!

I know how exciting it can be to get a new phone, and how frustrating that it can be to have a screen crack. 

No matter what may have happened to your device though, a repair is usually possible. If you are interested in exploring this as an option, you can reach out to Samsung directly via phone (1-800-SAMSUNG/1-800-726-7864) or your carrier to see if they have a different option that may work for you.  Each carrier has different warranty and return policies, so they will be able to give you the answers that would apply best to your case.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

281 REPLIES 281
userWDvqmabOe8
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My phone vibrated and fell two feet onto the floor and the screen is shattered. I'm having a similar dilemma where the phone is simply too new, it's not even listed as an option for my provider when I try to process an insurance claim. Following for updates. The fragility of this phone is extremely frustrating for the price! 

userhLaEY5tN53
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My screen fell off my desk after 4 days. Nice spider crack in it now.

In complaining to Samsung, I received this reply.

"Especially, the screen on the Galaxy S8 and S8+ is virtually indestructible." Later they say "As the phone's screen has broken, it wont be covered under warranty. However, it can repaired through Samsung, but it will be a paid service.

and I am thinking, But wait, you said in the paragraph before,

" virtually indestructible." I guess Ionly  virtually broke it.

user6PWJEEAMBD
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I got the same thing...only this is the 2nd screen that has broken...gorilla glass my ass...

user6PWJEEAMBD
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The other thing is, I have had to have my phone replaced 2x to the tune of $ 400 for deductibles...Samsung won't do a thing about it either..

userkR1FrGYpd9
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I will never buy Samsung again my s8+ screen brokedown after 2 weeks i bought it and the cost of the screen is the half of the phone price

i ask Samsung center service for discount and they refused to give me any discount am not asking for free repair am asking for a discount if anther company phone they will give even 1% discount but  a bag company like Samsung they can't give a discount for client for more then 5 years buying Samsung since Samsung s4 

if this is the way how Samsung deal with they client am not advancing any one to buy from Samsung 

userTJZUXONAJD
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had my new phone 4 days it vibrated off a foot tall coffee table in my conservatory on to a tilled floor both front and back are cracked deverstared. Surly this has to be a design fault. Most fragile phone I've ever had thought it was ment to be extra durable.

NanDia
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After reading all these reviews I am debating not staying with Samsung.  I  have loved my Samsung phones but with the issues I am having with the Note Edge (failing battery, turning off on its own, freezing, etc.) I am thinking I should just skip waiting for the new Note and say goodbye to Samsung altogehter.

Sad because I have really loved their phones.

userrNpgPRG7vL
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

😂🤣 I've never broke a screen on any phone in 21 yrs. This S8 plus I cracked it with a otter case in

4 weeks. they charged me $300 for a new phone. 2 weeks later bam!! I'm living with the cracks in the corner for now. I was warned a few yrs ago that if I drop my phone a lot not to get one with curved edges. ALSO the top speaker for the phone calls gets damaged very easily when you drop it. ive gone through 2 phones because of it. (verizon) i wish i had sprints insurance coverage. its so much easier to replace something or get it repaired 

usercfhwwQ1rTP
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have never broken a screen in my life - switched from Apple to Samsung on my last phone and loved the galaxy.  This s 8 plus is a great phone but this screen is a piece of crap and it is shattered and it costs $500 to repair.  What a joke.  I am going back to Apple.