cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sammy29
Constellation

Re: Galaxy S8+ SD Card Problems

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also had soft resets the first couple days but it stopped. 

HelpNeededTech
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yup, no problem. If you have any other questions about this issue I'd be happy to help out. I've been nonstop on this issue from the start and trying nonstop things. Might try different class SD cards next, but even if that worked that doesnt excuse the problem. I don't believe it to be an Application interference either, I've pretty much ruled that out. Down to a hardware, possible PBA board, or the SD card Reader, but to me that doesn't make a lot of sense because it reads it just fine when it's working. Something appears to interefere with the the card randomly. I also notice it happens a lot more when it's not in use for a while. For example when I am sleeping, it will unmount 5-7 times, throughout the day maybe 1-3 times.

userYeTaO4xP2R
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'll chime in from the earlier question and affirm that I'm getting the soft resets as well.

brook
Constellation

Re: Update 2: Galaxy S8 SD Card Problems

JUMP TO SOLUTION

And now I am also having the unmount/remount issue. 84 times since it recognized my card again. But it still recognizes the card... and... Spoke too soon. To answer a question a few posts ago, I've tried various cards from 2GB to 128GB (my main card). Aside from my 128BG card I've had a 32GB card become unrecognizeable about 5 minutes after inserting it after a device restart. I also had issues with an 8GB card and a 64GB card. The 8GB card didn't have any issue during the 45-60 minutes I had it in.

Rich Benson
Constellation

Re: Galaxy S8 SD Card Problems.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem here.

Just started to get my S8+ setup the way I liked it.
Installed a brand new Samsung high-speed memory card (256Gb) and moved a few apps over to it.   

Then, after a while, I started to get the weird greyed out icons with the SD in the lower right corner.   I would lock my phone a few times and sometimes they would come back.

Oddly, I seem to be able to browse files fine on the SD Card with "My Files" while this is going on.  

I really hope Samsung can fix this in Software soon.  Otherwise, I'll probably just return it to BestBuy while they sort out the root cause of the issue.

Sammy29
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Went 12 hours with App Power Monitor off but it happened again. Swapped with a 200GB Sandisk on my other phone but same problem. 

Highlighted
TheBeeze
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Rumor has it an update just landed. Not on Verizon though. Has anyone who got the update seen any change with this issue?

This is ridiculous.

Aksi20100418
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Any fix yet Samsung??

This is ridiculous.

Oh, and please do NOT say "It is because the sd card is not sitting properly. You probably made a mistake while putting it on".

I know I have done this with Note 7 before and I did not have an issue. Also I made sure it was sitting very well with the tray before I carefully inserted it in.

Wardak96
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Unfortunately the update did nothing to resolve this issue. Coming from a T-Mobile customer.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So for 3 days straight I did not have a problem at all relating to the SD card. So here I was thinking that the issue just went away and I was happy. Today I'm very disappointed to report that the issue is back again. I received a notification saying, "sd card is still ejecting...", even though it's been sitting inside all this time. And this was after the software update too so I can confirm the update didn't fix anything related to the SD card issue we are all complaining about. This is just plain ridiculous. Samsung should be ashamed of themselves. All these complains and still they have not yet provided us with a fix.