cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheBeeze
Constellation

Re: Galaxy S8 SD Card Problems.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Meanwhile online chat, Facebook chat, and phone customer service literally have no answers. And they don't even tell you that, they push you off on someone else or just literally stop talking to you. 

Go over to the Samsung support Facebook page and boost my post on their wall.

Highlighted
TheBeeze
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Got a brief response on Facebook saying they can't comment on a cause at this time. 

Interestingly enough, I hooked up my phone to my PC today to move some files off the SD. Not one unmount yet and it's been disconnected about 3 hours. Usually it would happen about twice an hour.

DeltaEon
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having a similar problem with my S8. My 128GB card never gave me problems on my S5. Moved it to this one and it loses everything every 30-60mins. Some of my apps freeze up and have to be force-closed and restarted. My music libraries in Play Music and Samsung Music have to be constantly repopulated.

This is beyond annoying.

Also, I do NOT get a message about my card being ejected or remounted like some other people are experiencing.

Sammy29
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userA2r30k0xZm wrote:

Also, I do NOT get a message about my card being ejected or remounted like some other people are experiencing.

Download SD Card Monitor. I don't actually get a message but check that app frequently. Most unmounts happen when I am sleeping and the phone is not in use. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I decided to download "SD CARD MONITOR". I knew my issue was bad but now that I have the app monitoring the SD card, it turns out it's actually so much worst. See attached pic. As you can see, my SD card keeps unmounting every 1-2 mins and as I'm writing this, it continues to do so. I have never seen this type of issue this bad. I am shocked that sumsung is not taking this seriously. Everyone need to post this on social media. Get it out there in the wild so sumsung will learn the hard way. This is unacceptable. In today's standards and especially what everyone went through with the note 7, this should not have happened.

Sammy29
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I tried something different and it might be premature to say but I've now gone almost 22 hours without an self-eject, which is the longest I've seen. 

I moved all my files from the SD to internal storage. Formatted the SD. Un/mounted it from settings. Moved all my files back to the SD. The only thing I have done differently was NOT moving apps from internal storage to external storage. The only time I would know the card was ejected was because the apps were greyed out on the home screen. 

It may just be a grace period before the issue returns and I have seen what the other user reported, having 3 days with problems, but maybe it's worth a shot. I'll report back if I get an unmount. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Do you have "SD CARD MONITOR" installed? Most of the time you won't get a notification of the SD card unmounting, but with this app, it monitors the SD card at all times and it will show if or when and how many times it was unmounted and ejected. As I'm writing this...my SD card has been unmounted/bad removal/ejected at unpresidented 34 times already in a span of only 5 hours. Unbelievable.
Sammy29
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I do. I reset the counter every time I try something new and so far no logged problem. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Looks good. Keep us posted. If you still have 0 issues for a full week then I'll give your method a shot.
DeltaEon
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried reformatting but it went right back to eject/remounting.

model SM-G950U, Verizon