cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user5LRkPHGc77
Constellation

Re: Galaxy S8 SD Card Problems.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I returned the phone today. Back to my iPhone that actually works and dealing with a company that actually cares and responds to issues. I suggest you all do the same before you get screwed

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Dear Samsung,

I love your phones, your TV's, your tablets, etc. For that, I will be patient and hope you guys fix this. Note 7 was a disaster for you guys and for me and the rest of the people that had the phone. Please do not take this issue lightly. As you can see, more and more people are having similar issue and everyday it grows. Do not wait until this goes viral and hits the major news Network because if it does you guys are screwed and will never recover. With two failed phones in a row? Nobody will ever trust you. So here's your chance to redeem yourselves. I'm counting on you guys.

Respectfully,
Your loyal customer

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. For me, I went 3 days with no issue then the issue came back again. Just because you're not getting the issue anymore for a long time doesn't mean everything is good. It will come back for sure, it's just a matter of when. And it will always be this way until it is officially fixed by Samsung, which they have not.
TheBeeze
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I realize that. But also understand, I've had the phone almost 2 weeks and this has happened every day since day 1.
userf9vahRfk5l
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Upgraded to a new s8 + --$900 device from my s7 edge just to have it produced with faulty components. It worked flawlessly for the first 3 days. After mving some content to SD card phone still performed well. Now phone does NOT even recognize that it has an SD card in it. Yes it is in correctly because my sim card is right under it and it is being read correctly. The phone has NOT even mounted or un-mounted. But the apps that are on my SD card are STILL usable, although all my music and pictures are gone. I feel like I paid for a HEADACHE. Never again Samsung. Next time I will WAIT 3 months after release. Never thought I'd have these BASIC issues with a FLAGSHIP product. Could have bought a LOW-END Samsung and got the EXACT same quality without the fancy design.

user5LRkPHGc77
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I too am suffering from this issue. I have Factory reset from recovery, formatted the SD card in and out of the phone, and tried both encrypted and unencrypted. SD Card Monitor shows dozens of random unmount and remounts of the SD card. I went through 3 phones just to get one without a red screen and now this! I have 2 days left to return the phone and I probably will. This phone and the Note 7 I had before it has been such a headache. Do we need to get an attorney to start a class action to actually get something done around here? $800 for a defective device. This is inexcusable.
user5LRkPHGc77
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Can we get an official update from Samsung? I'm getting an attorney today
user79sbkYy7SE
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a similar issue - brought my SD from my S5 over - all was great then suddenly taking a photo it said it couldn't be saved on the card.  I can READ all of the photos etc... on the card, but I cannot WRITE to the card - meaning moving photos around etc...  I unmounted, took out and what not and still no joy.  It will, however, work ONE TIME after a restart.  So, if I do a restart, it will do one write and then the next fails.  (trying to move the photos that auto saved to device to the card)

Given that it DOES work (at least once per restart), I can't imagine this is a pure hardware failure... I can consider relocating everything, reformating and starting over... but given that I am not alone here....

useryOlKLQZOaI
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Im glad I'm not the only one with this issue but at the same time this is unacceptable Samsung come on! 

Highlighted
TheBeeze
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My problem stopped literally for a day then restarted as speculated a d it was drastically worse for a short time after. Hit 50 unmounts by lunch.

Samsung, you gonna start sending everyone SD cards when your phone burns them out? It'd be one thing if they acknowledged the issue and said they were working on a fix. Nope!

I've gone through online chat, FB, phone customer service and they give no answers, no acknowledgement, refuse to read this forum topic, and offer no sign resolution.