cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Galaxy S8+ SD Card Problems

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I hope you're right. 

But thus far... it's not looking good for me. 119 unmounts in a day and a half. 😒 (see attachment) 

crazycraig
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Just installing wakelock didn't work for me, it wasn't until I cleared the system cache and enabled wakelock did my unmounts and reboots go away. This does kind of help with the idea that is is a software issue, I just hope the lastest update gets pushed to verizon soon.
JAMES
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wish they would hurry up for Verizon update to ..

Rich Benson
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userYeTaO4xP2R

Interesting that your wife has no problems with the same model phone and memory card.
It would be interesting to have her move one of her apps to the card.
Also, she never has any of her photos disappear on the SD card?   I'm guessing not since it's saying she never has any ejects.

I'm tempted to swap my S8+ to see if it only happens to some of the phones, but not sure if that resets my 14 day return period.  I pre-orderd at BestBuy for $100 off, so if I return it and get one in the future (assuming they fix it), I'll take a $100 hit.

userYeTaO4xP2R
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Well, I jinxed myself. After a day of my wife's phone having no issues, it has started ejecting the SD just like mine. She still only has photos on hers and nothing has changed on it. No changes in settings or installed apps.
Sammy29
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I wonder how many people actually have this problem but are unaware. I did not know my card was being ejected until the 3rd day of use. I even had the random reboot happen to me a couple times but it stopped. I'm sure the two are linked somehow. Assembly line error maybe? 

I forgot to include my phone info. My phone model is the SM-G950U aka Snapdragon S8 on at&t

Highlighted
TheBeeze
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

To recap what I've done:

-Reformatted the card on PC

-Reformatted the card in the phone

-Tried another card

-Played with the loading tray countless times

-Twiddled my thumbs

All Produced the same results.

-Called Samsung Customer Service

-Chatted with their online chat service

-Spoke with their Samsung Support Facebook Page.

All had no comment.

Was in Best Buy this evening and stopped at the Samsung Service Desk.

The girl there was nice and tried to be as helpful as possible. 

She plugged the phone in to see if she could do a software flash and she said they haven't even sent them the flash for the new model yet. She then called a direct support line to Samsung and they blamed my SD Card..... 

She suggested I keep the card out of the phone until there is some kind of patch. She personally believed this is a software issue given all of the info. 

So................ for Samsung. I've exhausted every step shy of returning the phone (which I don't even believe I can do at this point with my carrier). No one has any comment on this from the company.

What the hell am I supposed to do now? Are you working on a fix? 

Xealot42
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just wanted to chime in and say that I have this issue as well with my S8+ (SM-G955U, bought in the US from Verizon) and my brand new Samsung Pro Select 128GB sd card from Amazon.

When I moved some games to my sd card I was getting the "soft resets" frequently (10 in 24 hours). These went away when I moved all my apps back to internal storage. My card still mounts and unmounts constantly, even after formatting and reinserting with it perfectly flush in the tray.

I think I am past the 14 day return window at this point, guess I will have to stick it out and hope for a fix from Samsung.

userTphvSxg7b6
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have previously commented here but I wanted to chime in and give an update on my experience with Samsung CS on this issue. 

I emailed their customer support stating that I had done all of the standard things (reformatted the SD card, tried a different SD card, reseated the SD card(S), reset the phone to factory default settings, etc. They emailed me back saying that it sounds like a hardware issue and to call 1-800-SAMSUNG to see about getting it repaired/replaced. 

I called 1-800-SAMSUNG and they stated because I'm a premium care member I have to go through premium care. 

I was transferred to Premium Care for about 30 seconds when they transferred me to Premium Care troubleshooting or tech or whatever who said since I already ran through all of the steps for troubleshooting I should go on to claims. 

Claims for Premium care says "Oh, no, this is a New Phone warranty issue this is NOT a Premium Care issue because this is a brand new phone - Start over with 1-800-SAMSUNG". 

UGH. 

Called 1-800-SAMSUNG again and went through the whole explanation again. THEY SAID I WOULD HAVE TO MAIL THEM MY PHONE TO BE REPAIRED! Sorry you don't happen to have a spare cell phone to use, sorry you ordered it from Samsung directly and NOT your provider because Samsung doesn't give loaner phones and your provider MIGHT have. 

I said that it was rediculous for a brand new phone to be having these hardware issues and that the phone should be replaced, not repaired, it's less than 2 weeks old. The rep said that wasn't her decision and that ONLY the technician who physically LOOKS at and troubleshoots the phone can decide that. I said I would just have to return the phone to Samsung and she gave me the number for returns.

1 hour 40 minutes of getting the run around later, and I'm no better off than I was before.

I took my SD card out, reset my phone, and just don't use the SD card until I can return my phone.  

Sammy29
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wait, no loaner phone from Samsung?

I had called the other day and when I explained my situation, they transferred me to PC. I once again explained the issues and the guy told me how to troubleshoot it. Once I've tried them and no success, to call back. 

This is how they do business? Even if I got a loaner phone, I would need it to be unlocked. I should have waited for the unlocked version from Best Buy. Better yet, I should NOT have purchased a Samsung phone to start. Buying a flagship at launch, you are basically paying to be a beta tester. 

I'm trying to insert my SD card a little differently but if that doesn't work, then I'll do the same and leave it out. This better be a software issue otherwise they will have lost another customer by releasing a rushed phone.