Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheBeeze
Constellation

Re: Galaxy S8 SD Card Problems.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Regular S8 model SM-G950U on Verizon. 

Still experiencing the issue. Increasingly frustrated. 

Ak47313
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine the second s8+ in a row same issue.

userYTHnFPWtuF
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've now tried three brand new SD cards. The phone automatically tells me it is corrupt and wants to reformat. Did that only to find the SD not recognised after format. I take the SD card out and it works fine in a windows laptop. 

Samsung????? It's rather and expensive phone and I wish to use it the way it was sold to me. 

Please fix it!!!!

66 pages on this topic makes me believe its not getting fixed. 

user8vz04OnL6W
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

And back to square 1 - it seems like Google Play Store is not the only "problem", as my sd card has again started unmounting by itself. Samsung is going to loose customers hand over feet if they don't pay attention to this...

user4ZfZRWWj6j
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not saying I've figured it all out, but I didn't have a random restart, freeze-up, or unmount in over a week with a 128gb SD card in my S8. And now I'm 3 days into a 256gb SD card --- still going strong (knock on wood).

I won't list everything I did to get to this point (which is a lot), but here's what I did to arrive at my current level of success. Give it a try and let me know if it works for you...

Format the SD card on your PC. Don't do the Quick Format.

Power down your phone and insert the newly formatted SD card in the phone. Make sure it's inserted into the holder REALLY good. Should snap into place and not fall out when you wave the holder around a bit.

Power up the phone and go to Settings -> Storage and then format the SD card in the phone.

Unmount and Mount the card several times. If it doesn't do this cleanly, power down, remove the card, and re-insert it into the holder.

Restart the phone and go through the process of formatting the card in the phone again and unmounting / mounting until it does this at least 5 times with no issues. 

Keep doing this last step until you're golden.

At this point, you should be able to put stuff on the external storage. Take it slow and don't FULLY trust it with your important stuff until you've had a few days with NO issues.

That's it! So far, it's worked for me. After I did this, my phone was never powered down in over a week. I have music, video, pics, and apps loaded on the card (some that I use a lot as well as ones I rarely use at all). The SD card still unmounts and mounts cleanly (takes longer with more stuff on it, so be patient and wait for it or you might get an unwanted restart and a "corrupt sd card" message (try to restart before believing you have a bad card).

Hope this helps!

Aksi20100418
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Any fix yet? Mine didn't do it for about 10 days and now it is starting again.

Everyone who says they seemed to fix it, I bet you it will come back.

Samsung better come up with somthing asap before I throw this $900 pos to the wall and make a youtube video regarding this crap and post everywhere.

Sammy29
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I think it's hardware related. I do not want to get my phone swapped as of yet though. Don't want to end up with a red tinted screen or another malfunctioning phone. 

Highlighted
Kitty Caine
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I took my SD card from my S5 (only 16G)  and put it in my S8+.It worked fine. When I got the SD card with the bundle and made the switch,  I am having same issue. I don't have $$ to buy new cards until I find one that works. New phones and SD cards need to work properly. This is an obvious issue with as many complaints that are here. 

useruougxZ4rhN
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am not experiencing the mount unmount problem on my Tmobile S8 and I am using a simple Evo 64gb Class 10 card. I did notice that putting the card in the tray was pretty difficult. I really hard to push the card into the tray cutout compared to my S7 in which the card just laid in the tray. In fact I started thinking my tray was defective because the card fits very tightly.

Does anyone else notice this? Or maybe I got a version where Samsung made the tray tighter?

Wardak96
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So here is a screenshot of SD Card Monitor. 105 unmounts within the time span of about 24 hours. This is absolutely ridiculous. I'm getting a replacement GS8 from T Mobile, if this issue isn't fixed soon, I'm going to a different brand. Of all the cellular brands I've had, Samsung has had the most issues.