Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
TheBeeze
Constellation

Re: Galaxy S8 SD Card Problems.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

FYI the story about flashing the phone at the store is totally bogus too. I tried that and the girl said they didn't even have the version of the software for our phones yet and she couldnt even get it when she called Samsung.

HelpNeededTech
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Yeah, I had a feeling, besides it doesn't make total sense either. I just think something is wrong with the CURRENT version itself so repairing it with the same version is going to do the same thing.
Sammy29
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can confirm reflashing will do nothing. 

I'm testing out another SD card I have. It's a 4GB class 4 Kingston. The short 2 days that I had used it on my S8 I had never seen an eject on it. There is the other user who claims no issues using their 16GB micro SD. I'm wondering if it is a compatabity issue with the class or size. If I can go a few days without an eject on my 4GB, I will buy a class 4 16GB and see if I yield the same results. 

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I assure you, this is not me in any of my threads...

Although I totally wish I had a tiny creature that would whisk me away places whenever I needed it.

I read through these threads daily, and make sure any new information gets sent off in relation to this. I wait to hear back confirmation of anything that's going on from those above me, and usually they're the ones who tell me where things are going from there. Aside from the last message I received and posted on her, I haven't heard anything new in regards to this. However, I will definitely be conveying what you were told to them, that way they can know, and hopefully make sure everyone is on the same page.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

HelpNeededTech
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungMarcos wrote:

Although I totally wish I had a tiny creature that would whisk me away places whenever I needed it.

I read through these threads daily, and make sure any new information gets sent off in relation to this. I wait to hear back confirmation of anything that's going on from those above me, and usually they're the ones who tell me where things are going from there. Aside from the last message I received and posted on her, I haven't heard anything new in regards to this. However, I will definitely be conveying what you were told to them, that way they can know, and hopefully make sure everyone is on the same page.

Much appreciated if you can do that! It's just a shame of how it's being handled when someone phones into them. They should at least all be aware of the issue, instead of flatout denying it. Sometimes you get ones that will agree that there's been significant reports on the issue and other times they will say they have never heard of such a thing and no reports like mine are out there. There needs to be better managing when it comes to a problem like this. One sentence from someone higher up about them working on a fix would be all it would take to put some people at ease. As for now it's a waiting game I guess. I tried to give them all the info possible and it was sent to diagnostics, so we shall see.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks Samsung moderator Marcus. That would be really nice if we were all on the same page. Evidently, we are not. As stated from user, helpneededtech, the Samsung techs aren't even aware of the issue. So clearly we are not on the same page. And another user stated, that the Samsung tech he spoke with on the phone acknowledged the issue and that same tech also stated that there's millions of this same issue occuring that they are aware of. Inconsistency all over the place. So yeah, there's definitely need for better managing with all this. We all been here from the beginning, going on a month now, and this thread is growing everyday, and we're still here waiting around. So please, for crying out loud, get this fixed already.

brook
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

And to bring this back to the issue (Although I agree it would be nice to see some official movement on the problem...): Good job HelpNeededTech. I think you got it. Almost 3 days now using Wake Lock and no SD card issues. When I started I had 4 ejects including one just about 10 minutes before I turned on Wake Lock. Fired up Wake Lock and haven't had an eject since. I just turned Wake Lock off and almost immediately not only had an eject but lost the use of the card. Probably going to need more proof but I definitely think you're on the right track.

HelpNeededTech
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When I mentioned that to both of the techs they FINALLY agreed it could be a software bug. They kept trying to refuse it was or could be anything on their end, but after noticing improvement by doing that, signs point to software flaw. But, who knows, likely they don't understand it really either.

Btw, you may notice from time to time very very ocassionally it will eject. As I've stated before, 1-2 eject every 24-48hrs is a lot better than what we were experiencing before. It just can be a battery hog, which is a shame, so I might just remove the card till this is resolved. I don't think testing any other theory is really worth it. It should work AS IS. I shouldn't have to alter software to make it work how it was supposed to...I mean really.

Sammy29
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@HelpNeededTech for me, trying your fix resulted without the flaw only after clearing cache partition. The first attempt did not change anything and after the second attempt (clearing cache), the partial wake method lasted me only a few hours. Once I disabled it to see if I would see an eject, it happened approximately 2 hours later. Re-enabling it did nothing to stop the continuous ejects. The original eject-free grace period may not have been from using the wake lock method but from the cache partition and so oddly does not work for my phone. Even more strange is how only my 4GB seems to be issue-free. 

I'm still going to try a class 4 micro SD as Deltaeon was doing as it was the only thing that lasted me the longest without needing to apply a "fix". 

DeltaEon wrote:

Ill say it again: My 16GB Class 4 MicroSD has no problems, but my 128GB Class 10 UHS-I is experiencing all of the pain.

HelpNeededTech
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Like I said in another post...everyone's issues seem to be a little different meaning the bugs are crazy hard to diagnose from here for me. Some people it will work, some not so much, some partially, it's really hard to tell why. For me this fix is working really well (no ejects for 36hrs sometimes more), but I might just not use the SD until somebody fixes it. *coughcoughsamsungcough*