cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Galaxy S8 SD Card Problems.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Try it with any SD card and get back to us and let us know if it actually worked. Don't assume just because it worked on your HTC phone that it would work on the S8. I know you're trying to help but we all want facts not asumption. But thank you though. I hope it works as a temporary fix until Samsung releases an official fix.
Sammy29
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user62PoXay4oW wrote:
Try it with any SD card and get back to us and let us know if it actually worked. Don't assume just because it worked on your HTC phone that it would work on the S8. I know you're trying to help but we all want facts not asumption. But thank you though. I hope it works as a temporary fix until Samsung releases an official fix.

I have done this before. It did nothing. 

Highlighted
bCreative
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
It actually did reduce the frequency of ejections with mine, so it does appear, at least in part, to be a weak contact issue. I'd try 2 layers of tape but I can't get it in with something that thick stuck to it.
GRV
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I doubt it's the hardware in my case. Im using a slower class samsung evo sd card 64gb and it's not ejecting while sloppily installing it. It's been a week now. Was using a pro select 128gb ejected every 30min based on sd card monitor.

Sammy29
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The 64GB I'm using was so misplaced that once I opened the sim tray, it flew out yet not a single eject the whole time it was inside. 

bCreative
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Sammy29 wrote:

The 64GB I'm using was so misplaced that once I opened the sim tray, it flew out yet not a single eject the whole time it was inside. 

That's great, I guess? I don't suppose you want to contribute by providing full details on that card so we (and Samsung) can make something useful of that information?

bCreative
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@GRV wrote:

I doubt it's the hardware in my case. Im using a slower class samsung evo sd card 64gb and it's not ejecting while sloppily installing it. It's been a week now. Was using a pro select 128gb ejected every 30min based on sd card monitor.

I wouldn't write off hardware just yet. If it's a contact issue, a slightly thinner card could exhibit the issue where a thicker card does not. And we're talking thickness variances of a very small fraction of the thickness of a single human hair -- really tiny.

usermzNeAkj82I
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I called Samsung again, I told them that I am  not the only one having this problem with their SD Card. Just keep calling until  they are Over whelmed With calls about this .

Kitty Caine
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I did a chat and was told there is no issue. I explained that they needed to look at the forum as there are several with the problem and if it continues to count on several returns. 

He had me go into safe mode to check if the issue is an app. I did not have an app issue. 

I insisted that it be a rush to the engineers before they are slammed with bad publicity. 

Kitty Caine
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

May I suggest posting the issues on the Samsung Support Social media sites. 

https://m.facebook.com/samsungsupport