cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aksi20100418
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy S8 SD Card Problems.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Still no news from this company?? Lol this is a joke. I read an article regarding random reboots that Samsung said "we have been reported that SELECTED FEW have this issue...." early May, and yet not even a word regarding this SD card issue. 

Why did I faithfully waited for this phone since the note7?? Galaxy s3, s5, note7. And s8+. 

Lesson seriously learned regarding their quality on what they call their flagship phone, and customer service. 

I feel like a stupid to even think about myself all excited when this phone was released. 

A company that can't even make a phone read sd card. What else would pop up from this phone? 

Lol joke, seriously.

HelpNeededTech
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Yeah, it's a pretty unacceptable problem for many people who need this extra storage, but I'm willing to wait until one more update comes through to possibly fix it. The handling of this problem and past/future issues are lousy at best. If this fix does not happen by next update, let's just say publicity for this phone/company will take a rather sloppy turn.
TrekNine
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I formatted my phone and SD card. I never seemed to have problems until I either started using Greenify, or when I transferred apps to SD for sure. As soon as I transfered the apps, I started having problems.

I now have a fresh install on the phone, no greenify, and never transferred any apps.

I moved my photos and music back onto the SD card and it is working fine.

My theory is, by using greenify on apps that were on my SD card, the sd card itself was possibly being turned off as well. My gallery was freezing, camera was freezing, nothing waas working right.

Now my camera works fine and stores to the SD, and my phone is running smooth.

See how long it lasts.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good luck. Mine went up to 3 days without an issue then it came back. The only real fix for this has to come from Samsung. If you call samsung now about it, they'll probably tell you it's the first time they are hearing about it and they'll even tell you it's not an issue. This has been reported over a month ago and not one official word from Samsung on what they are going to do about it. I mean how can they right? First you have to acknowledge the issue, but they can't even do that. They're just in denial. They think their phone is so perfect. They focused on the battery so much because of the note 7 that they forgot to test the most basic thing a 10 yr old phone can do...SD card functionalities. Really sad.

TrekNine
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well I have already submitted a ticket about it as well. Because I still think there is something wrong

user3CoCLS2Ocp
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine still seems good, 48 hours with the tape. The phone does reboot on its own once or twice a day. Anyone else have this problem as well?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user3CoCLS2Ocp wrote:

Mine still seems good, 48 hours with the tape. The phone does reboot on its own once or twice a day. Anyone else have this problem as well?

Lol. If it's rebooting on its own that is clearly​ not good. I'm not sure but I think that random reboots is caused by the SD issues. If you don't experience random reboots, no random ejects/bad removal/unmounted from the SD card for a week let us know. I never tried the tape trick before but I did it anyways and no luck. 

Highlighted
Aksi20100418
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So, I am taking pictures and suddenly, a huge white window shows in the middle of the screen and say I now have a sd card in that it will start saving pictures on the sd card from now on.

HOW KIND!! Huh!!?!!?!

NOT!

Now I have to go to the device camera folder, get all the picture files that i just took, while the card was magically gone, and move to the camera folder on the card where all the other pictures are stored. 

Oh, and please back up your sd card contents everyday. You have no idea when they will disappear. It is a timed bomb.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Be careful when you say "bomb" around here. We don't want another samsung phone to explode lol
bCreative
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Maybe "bomb" is just what they need to hear to light a fire under their asses to fix this!

That said, while this issue blows, at least it doesn't blow up!