cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Galaxy S8 SD Card Problems.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@James wrote:

They told me same thing a Million times and I have 6 replacement sent to me within 3 weeks .. they are a Joke ... 

I called again yesterday N they told me there working on a patch update still to fix the problem .. Lol 

Wow 6 replacements? Well at least now they know this is happening to all the phones. Hopefully with all these returns and complains that they can finally get that fix going soon. This has gone for too **bleep** long already so I really hope Samsung gets things done this time or else the mob out there are gonna lose it.

JAMES
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree ...

TrekNine
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Its getting wayyyy worse. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If I were you, I would remove the SD card and not use it for now. Leaving it in there can cause all your precious data to be corrupted. I didn't wanna remove mine because I thought by now Samsung would release a fix but still nothing so I removed it. Once Samsung releases the fix for it then I'll put it back in again. But who knows how long Samsung will take. Regardless, it's better to be safe than sorry. 

TrekNine
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It does seem to be related to a low battery. As soon as it drop to even 40 % the sd starts unmounting.

HelpNeededTech
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@TrekNine wrote:

It does seem to be related to a low battery. As soon as it drop to even 40 % the sd starts unmounting.

Theoretically speaking for a second, I do think it's a sign of a deeper issue, but not necessarily the real cause. I think that when the power gets lower it tries to conserve the power more. This then causes the system to start shutting down parts of the phone,services, and or applications in use and puts them to sleep. For example, like the SD card reader, SD card compontent, or a an important service...could be anything really, it will shut it down then remount once it realizes it made an error in judgment so to speak. This doesn't just happen when the battery is low though also happens whenever it's trying to take advantage of saving battery power. When it's idle for example, it will put things into a hibernation mode aka a deep sleep. This then shuts down the SD card for some reason. In some people's cases this will also cause random reboots.

I'm just trying to help explain the problem I think is occurring. If it also helps shed some light to people at Samsung then so be it. I doubt I know more than them about this issue, but I can't know that for sure since we haven't heard much from them about it. I still urge all of you to keep calling them though and report, so they have a better idea of how many people it REALLY is effecting.

Highlighted
userf9MplVzlnQ
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can report that since I carefully reseated my SD card a month ago (SanDisk 64gb) I've had zero problems.   I have photos, music, apps, videos and VR content on the card - it has worked flawlessly ever since.

No matter how much charge the phone has - from almost fully drained to fully charged, and every % in between - the SD card dismounts have completly ceased.   No more greyed out apps / photos etc.    I run SD Card Monitor and it shows 0 dismounts.

I want to get a bigger card, but am reluctant to take the current card out - as it took a long time to get it working perfectly.

We get them with the  Exynos 8895 Octa-core CPU - different to the US versions - it maybe that some versions of the phone (& software) are more problematic than others.  

I've not tried any other solution, not used tape to pad it out - just spent a very long time seating the card.  

I did however lodge a ticket with support and visited my local Samsung Store - you need to make contact with Samsung and lodge a support ticket so that they (Samsung) are fully aware how many of their customer have issues.    

Anyway, my phone (s8+) now works perfectly (last 4 weeks) - and is used heavily every day.   

HelpNeededTech
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Yeah...It's different with everyone. You're one of the lucky ones I guess, since that method doesn't work on me or anyone else seemingly. I've reseated the card at least 9 times and everything is flush. It still unmounts so I'm still saying software. I already sent in 2 tickets really with Samsung and gave them specifics to the problem at hand. Time will tell as always.
userSxzaj1xehu
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

my SD card is ruining my amazon music experience, because it keeps mounting and unmounting, my playlists are losts and also when i were to post pictures via facebook or instagram, the latest photos to appear are the oldest ones on the sd card, help!! LOL

JAMES
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm giving Samsung tell When new iPhone comes out to get a Update Fix for the SD or I'm making a Switch ... lol