cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kitty Caine
Cosmic Ray

Re: Galaxy S8+ SD Card Problems

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I took out and reseated the SD card.  It improved but it slowly started doing it again. It seems to be worst when my battery is low. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unfortunately, this solution did not work for me. 

About an hour with Wake lock. I know it's early. But I've had quite a few unmounts, since downloading.

I've attached a screenshot for @SamsungMarcos & @HelpNeededTech.

Please advise. 

Using San Disk Ultra Plus 64gb xci class 10.

Kitty Caine
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@AnonymousUser50 wrote:

Unfortunately, this solution did not work for me. 

About an hour with Wake lock. I know it's early. But I've had quite a few unmounts, since downloading.

I've attached a screenshot for @SamsungMarcos & @HelpNeededTech.

Please advise. 

Using San Disk Ultra Plus 64gb xci class 10.

I had formatted my SD card and wiped partition cache. 

Took everything off the card until I know it is working. (I have 24 hr now).  Plan to start adding little by little to see if anything starts the unmounting again. 

TrekNine
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yeah wake lock didn't work for me either. 4 unmounts in the past two hours. 

HelpNeededTech
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@TrekNine wrote:

Don't give up on that fix either when I first did the Wakelock work-around fix it unmounted a few times like that and then soon stopped. Although your issue could be a different glitch, it's still worth another try or just leave the SD out of the phone for now.

Also as I have stated previously, a fix via OTA may be on the way, as people in parts of Europe and various other parts of the world have been receiving an update (for the international version) to resolve this issue; along with bluetooth connectivity. It's only a matter of time I believe before that update gets pushed to us in the U.S. or made for our model. So, hang tight! THE HOPE IS STRONG FOR THIS ONE! Robot Happy

Kitty Caine
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@HelpNeededTech wrote:

@TrekNine wrote:

Don't give up on that fix either when I first did the Wakelock work-around fix it unmounted a few times like that and then soon stopped. Although your issue could be a different glitch, it's still worth another try or just leave the SD out of the phone for now.

Also as I have stated previously, a fix via OTA may be on the way, as people in parts of Europe and various other parts of the world have been receiving an update (for the international version) to resolve this issue; along with bluetooth connectivity. It's only a matter of time I believe before that update gets pushed to us in the U.S. or made for our model. So, hang tight! THE HOPE IS STRONG FOR THIS ONE! Robot Happy

I had formatted my card to get everything off. Cleared partition cache and am now using Wake Lock.  Day 2 of no unmounting. 

Spoiler

Ivana
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've been having this issue for about 2 weeks now and I am anxiously waiting for an update to fix  it because I love this phone, but I hate how my playlists keep on deleting because of the unmounting of the SD card. I'm on AT&T so I hope the update comes in sometime soon because this problem is really frustrating 

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not to sound so negative, but what if this 'update" that we are all waiting for doesn't fix the SD card issues? What's our next move? 

Aksi20100418
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Next move will be to get together, shoot every single phones and post them on youtube. Best way to let this problem known. Then whoever still kept the phone may (yes may) get some recognition from the failing company.
HelpNeededTech
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yup, clearing cache partition is part of the steps I used (if you scroll back far enough on this massive thread). I mean, this future update SHOULD fix it, I'd imagine. I'm hearing more people complain about the bluetooth range issue they had on the phone, which is now fixed. I can't vouch for it fixing the SD card issue yet, but it is one of the main fixes this update has on its release notes. I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't land for Verizon/AT&T carrier customers for another month. This is just because they are ridiculously slow with pushing those things out compared to the rest. So let's say Sprint or T-mobile gets the update...I'd guess it'd take roughly 2-4 more weeks for it to reach the main carriers like they did with the red tint fix (because they suck).