cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userrLOtwNUYVX
Constellation

Re: Re-seating the SD card? Total number of apps each person has on their S8/S8+?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I did that.  It didn't help at all.

Kitty Caine
Cosmic Ray

Re: Re-seating the SD card? Total number of apps each person has on their S8/S8+?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userrLOtwNUYVX wrote:

I did that.  It didn't help at all.

I removed the data from my card then reformatted the SD card followed by the instructions above.

It is only a suggestion and not a permanant fix.

Apparently it does not always work.

HelpNeededTech
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

^^ Correct, it will only work for some that exhibit a specific bug. There are multiple issues surrounding the SD card issue. This will only help with a couple of them. If it does not help, I am sorry. We just have to wait till we get a software update unfortunately. They do have to push the May Android Security Patch eventually. So, most likely the fix (if there is one) will be with that update.

Edit: "The South Korean consumer electronics manufacturer already started rolling out a fix for Bluetooth connectivity and stability problems of the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus last week, though the software package is currently only available in the United Arab Emirates. The UAE is presumably serving as a testing ground for the new update as Samsung is likely looking to determine whether the new software features any bugs that need to be eliminated before the package is distributed worldwide. The Seoul-based tech giant didn’t clarify on when exactly is the new update scheduled to start rolling out to more countries, but more details on the matter should be available shortly."

So, that's pretty good news I'd say. Might have to wait a few more weeks or a month, depending on how long they plan on waiting to see if there are glitches with the update. It's also important to note that even though this paragraph only talks about bluetooth connectivity issues, the update also fixes supposed SD card connectivity as well.

TrekNine
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

On day two using my 200$ indonesian phone with the same SD card. Zero unmounts on SD card monitor. It's definitely a problem with my s8. 

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just got word back from our tech guy today in reference to this as well. He mentioned that Samsung obviously is aware of it, and are still looking into what may be behind this whole ordeal. Hopefully once it's figured out, I'll get a statement about a possible release for a fix in the upcoming future.

For now, it has been suggested numerous times in here that the Wake Lock application has helped tremendously, as well as certain particular SD cards themselves.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

TheBeeze
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I get two points from your post:
1. Samsung "IS AWARE" of the issue.
2. By the sound of it, the update rolled out abroad has nothing to do with the SD issue as some had thought based on you saying they still don't know what's causing it.

*Frustrated Rant* maybe if they would have had their people ask those of us who spent the time on the phone or in a chat to send their data over to run diagnostics in the beginning instead of running us around like idiots denying everything, they might have made progress by now.

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@TheBeeze wrote:

So I get two points from your post:
1. Samsung "IS AWARE" of the issue.
2. By the sound of it, the update rolled out abroad has nothing to do with the SD issue as some had thought based on you saying they still don't know what's causing it.

*Frustrated Rant* maybe if they would have had their people ask those of us who spent the time on the phone or in a chat to send their data over to run diagnostics in the beginning instead of running us around like idiots denying everything, they might have made progress by now.

I approved this right here. Exactly what I was thinking after reading what the moderator put. Here we are waiting like idiots in hopes that the update has already rolled out and we're just waiting for it to come to our country and network but now the so called update might not even fix the issues we're all having. 

user5LRkPHGc77
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Lol over 40 pages here and over 50 pages in random reboot thread. Samsung is an absolute joke. I am licking my chops waiting for the class action lawsuit to hop aboard. Till then I am incredibly happy using my Apple iPhone again. Samsung lost a customer for life. I equate your brand reputation with your recently impeached president.
TrekNine
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yeah the person on my live chat told me samsung is aware. So did one of the support members on SamsungUS support Facebook page. The person wouldn't speculate wheter it was hardware or software, but admitted they were aware of this particular thread.

Im done with Samsung too. I bought my phone outright and it makes me sick knowing how much I paid for a phone that is currently on a FedEx truck to the unknown, less than a month after buying it. They seem to be following a pattern of releasing sub par, overpriced products these days.

JAMES
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I went though 6 s8 plus and this last one they finally told me is a software problem to wait on Next Update because there working on the Problem.. So I dunno about Samsung anymore