cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userQlAYv1Vqvj
Cosmic Ray

Re: Re-seating the SD card? Total number of apps each person has on their S8/S8+?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@James wrote:

I went though 6 s8 plus and this last one they finally told me is a software problem to wait on Next Update because there working on the Problem.. So I dunno about Samsung anymore 

In the meantime, you have gone through 6 phones and frustration for up to 6 weeks already and no telling when it will be fixed. I would demand a refund and be done with it. 

userQlAYv1Vqvj
Cosmic Ray

Re: Re-seating the SD card? Total number of apps each person has on their S8/S8+?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well guys, I think I have finally lost interest in this since I have returned by second S8+ 4 weeks ago. I was really hoping that Samsung would have done something by now, but it has played out exactly how I feared it to. Galaxy Note 4....my last Samsung

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I didn't confirm anything about number 2 there @TheBeeze. I know of the update simply from doing my own reading online. I showed it to our tech guy, but I wasn't able to get an answer from anyone else whether or not that specific update had helped specifically with this. From what I saw/read, it was a UAE patch, and it directly addressed Bluetooth stuff.

For those that have exchanged their devices multiple times, I appreciate the enthusiasm, I do. But after the second or third new phone exhibiting the same problem, why continue with just exchanging. It was acknowledged awhile back that this was something being looked into, and even others had confirmed that specific SD cards had caused different results for each other. Then there's the Wake Lock suggestion which has helped for a handful of others in here as well.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not trying to promote other products out there, but back when I had my iPhone every issue that users encounter are promptly fixed with an update. This issue we are all having with the S8/S8+ has gone too far long. Going almost 2 months now I believe. At least for me because I've had my S8+ since the first day it was released and noticed the issue right away. I remembered when I first reported it to live chat, I was told they have never heard of this problem. Then I did some research online and came across this forum that's actually owned by Samsung, and come to find out, I wasn't the only one having the issues. So why did the rep tell me they never heard of it? Recently, I've read on here and other sites that an update to fix the SD card issues has already rolled out in other countries. Then I read, by a Samsung moderator, that samsung is still working on a fix. A lot of inconsistent information. This has just gotten very ugly now, it's unbelievable. Other than the SD card issues, I love the phone which is why I'm still lurking here, hanging on. But I'm just really disappointed with how Samsung is handling all this. There's just no good excuse for it, this should have gotten resolved a long time ago. The year is 2017, and here we are with the phone that can't even handle basic SD card functionalities. 

TrekNine
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you work for Samsung, SamsungMacros?

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yup! All of us moderators on here do, @TrekNine. I mean I've been a fan long before I worked here, but it had no influence on my Username whatsoever, haha.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

Zinger332
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, I just thought I'd throw my two cents in. I pre-ordered a US unlocked Galaxy S8+ SM-G955U1 on May 9th and received it yesterday. I am using it with a Samsung 128GB 100MB/s (U3) MicroSD EVO (MB-ME128GA/AM) SD card with photos, videos and music stored on the SD card (no apps), and have not experienced the repeated unmounting and mounting of the SD card with my S8+. I did not format the SD card before installation, yet the phone recognized the SD card and made use of it upon powering up the phone. My phone included patch level dated April 1st G955U1UEU1AQDC.

Aksi20100418
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I just am wishing other companies will come out with good phones so I will look away from this company for good.
A phone that has solid base, which this phone does NOT have: all cool features but lacks critical basic things.
A phone that has good after-service, that if there are complaints from many people, they acknowledge, commumicate, then keep updated with the honest info, then basically leads to fix.

A "giant tech company" that doesn't even know that basic tech is more important to add more flashy techs.
I mean, phone that fails to read sd card ? And a company this big might not even know about this problem still? Or do not even know what is wrong? Are they barely assigned one newbie engineer to just tell him/her to pretend that the issue is being figured out? WHAT IS IT????

SD card problems...still no official fix

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Zinger332 wrote:

Hello, I just thought I'd throw my two cents in. I pre-ordered a US unlocked Galaxy S8+ SM-G955U1 on May 9th and received it yesterday. I am using it with a Samsung 128GB 100MB/s (U3) MicroSD EVO (MB-ME128GA/AM) SD card with photos, videos and music stored on the SD card (no apps), and have not experienced the repeated unmounting and mounting of the SD card with my S8+. I did not format the SD card before installation, yet the phone recognized the SD card and made use of it upon powering up the phone. My phone included patch level dated April 1st G955U1UEU1AQDC.

You just got the phone. Give it some time and you'll probably have the same issues we are all having. Do you have the app, "SD card monitor"? If not, download it from the play store. It will monitor your SD card for any bad removal, unmounts, mounts, etc.. As you can see, these thread has proven that this issue is wide spread. After almost 2 months now, Samsung still has not yet released an update to fix the issues. 

Zinger332
Constellation

Re: SD card problems...still no official fix

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user62PoXay4oW wrote:

@Zinger332 wrote:

You just got the phone. Give it some time and you'll probably have the same issues we are all having. Do you have the app, "SD card monitor"? If not, download it from the play store. It will monitor your SD card for any bad removal, unmounts, mounts, etc.. As you can see, these thread has proven that this issue is wide spread. After almost 2 months now, Samsung still has not yet released an update to fix the issues.

Yes, I have SD Card Monitor installed.