cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Contributor

Re: Re-seating the SD card? Total number of apps each person has on their S8/S8+?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Whoa now @user5LRkPHGc77. Throw fluff around all day? If only that's what I got paid to do all day. If I was here to herd folks, I wouldn't respond to nearly half the stuff that gets dropped here in threads. I do keep in contact with the folks at Samsung, because it IS my job to do so. As I've updated already, I was just told the other day by our tech guy, that this IS something that is being looked into directly.

Who do you think is the person who reports these things from the Community? They're aware of these things...however what is being done about it is another story. It's pretty much a one way street right now, with a nice side road that leads back here. I send off what I see, report what info I need to, and hope to eventually to hear back about this directly. I don't have direct contact with the techs, I've mentioned this before. I try to be as transparent as possible with my own pipeline, because it's something I at least have control over. What happens after that is not directly my decision.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

Sammy29
Constellation

Re: Re-seating the SD card? Total number of apps each person has on their S8/S8+?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungMarcos wrote:

For those that have exchanged their devices multiple times, I appreciate the enthusiasm, I do. But after the second or third new phone exhibiting the same problem, why continue with just exchanging. It was acknowledged awhile back that this was something being looked into, and even others had confirmed that specific SD cards had caused different results for each other. Then there's the Wake Lock suggestion which has helped for a handful of others in here as well.

Just popping in to add something. Been half a month without any unmounts. Probably going to stick with the 64GB I'm using on my phone now since I also bought the Galaxy Book. The 256GB SD is probably better off on there. Anyway, if you don't mind using an SD below class 10 in the meantime, this could be your solution until this issue is fixed. I for one am tired of coming back here to bicker about the S8. If you don't mind the notification, there is the Wake Lock fix too. Is the pointless rants from the same people really helping with getting an official fix anyway? You do what you want. And we should probably lay off @SamsungMarcos. He has to look over a large community, not just this single thread. Only so much a single person can do to help, which he is trying to do. Just putting my 2 cents in the donation.

user5LRkPHGc77
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Lol no one is attacking Marcos. You must be made of money because the people here are upset about their $800+ devices not functioning appropriately and the lack of response from the manufacturer. No one here will relax until we are made right. If that involves a lawyer so be it. I'll go a step further and add it is Marcos who should really watch what he says. I'd love to work for Samsung an just throw fluff around all day online. Marcos has not talked to anyone from Samsung about this issue. He is solely here to herd us around. 

SD card problems...still no official fix

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you guys look back all the way to page 1, this issue has been reported on this forum since April 20th. Maybe even before that on other  forums. But let's focus on this forum. It is now June 2nd. Are you gonna tell me you guys still haven't figured this out? It makes more sense to me now that there's no communication between the moderator here and the actual Samsung techs because how is it possible that it has gone this long already? With proper communication and all of us here reporting daily, there is absolutely no excuse that even still this very day, there is still no official fix. Then we hear about an update that supposedly gonna fix the issues...then we hear a moderator say they're still figuring out the problem. So which is it? And if people wanna rant then let them. Lawsuit? Sure if that's what it will take. Myself and a lot of people here paid a lot of money for the device so that gives us the right to rant all we want. And we will continue to do so until this is settled. I'm glad that other people are using a temporary fix and that's great if that's working for them. I refuse to use a different card, or install a temporary fix. And why should I anyways? Or anybody for that matter? The phone should be functioning as it should be. I didn't pay for a device to just have it work partly. 

Kitty Caine
Cosmic Ray

Re: SD card problems...still no official fix

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user62PoXay4oW wrote:

If you guys look back all the way to page 1, this issue has been reported on this forum since April 20th. Maybe even before that on other  forums. But let's focus on this forum. It is now June 2nd. Are you gonna tell me you guys still haven't figured this out? It makes more sense to me now that there's no communication between the moderator here and the actual Samsung techs because how is it possible that it has gone this long already? With proper communication and all of us here reporting daily, there is absolutely no excuse that even still this very day, there is still no official fix. Then we hear about an update that supposedly gonna fix the issues...then we hear a moderator say they're still figuring out the problem. So which is it? And if people wanna rant then let them. Lawsuit? Sure if that's what it will take. Myself and a lot of people here paid a lot of money for the device so that gives us the right to rant all we want. And we will continue to do so until this is settled. I'm glad that other people are using a temporary fix and that's great if that's working for them. I refuse to use a different card, or install a temporary fix. And why should I anyways? Or anybody for that matter? The phone should be functioning as it should be. I didn't pay for a device to just have it work partly. 

I also spent a lot of money. My comment is take the rant where it will do some good.

I don't feel it is productive here where people are lookking for real answers.

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Kitty Caine wrote:

@user62PoXay4oW wrote:

I also spent a lot of money. My comment is take the rant where it will do some good.

I don't feel it is productive here where people are lookking for real answers.

I have been looking and waiting for real answers. I'm just saying, if people want to rant, let them. They have every right. And don't assume these people haven't already tried everything. Just because you see them here ranting doesn't mean they haven't tried anything else but rant. Live chat, customer support, Facebook, etc., many of us tried everything already, which is probably why many people are upset because after all that, there is still no fix. 

TrekNine
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung received my s8 today. Hopefully they have a good turn around, because I have to head back up north for work in about ten days

Kitty Caine
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Sammy29 wrote:

@SamsungMarcos wrote:

For those that have exchanged their devices multiple times, I appreciate the enthusiasm, I do. But after the second or third new phone exhibiting the same problem, why continue with just exchanging. It was acknowledged awhile back that this was something being looked into, and even others had confirmed that specific SD cards had caused different results for each other. Then there's the Wake Lock suggestion which has helped for a handful of others in here as well.

Just popping in to add something. Been half a month without any unmounts. Probably going to stick with the 64GB I'm using on my phone now since I also bought the Galaxy Book. The 256GB SD is probably better off on there. Anyway, if you don't mind using an SD below class 10 in the meantime, this could be your solution until this issue is fixed. I for one am tired of coming back here to bicker about the S8. If you don't mind the notification, there is the Wake Lock fix too. Is the pointless rants from the same people really helping with getting an official fix anyway? You do what you want. And we should probably lay off @SamsungMarcos. He has to look over a large community, not just this single thread. Only so much a single person can do to help, which he is trying to do. Just putting my 2 cents in the donation.

Thank you Sammy 29. 

I did not think this was a rant community.

I think we need to stick to the following to help all in the "community":

1. Explain the issue with the phone and SD card.

2. Document what you did to fix it.

3. Document whether the fix worked.

4. How was this communicated to Samsung and thier response. 

5. Any information pertaining to a fix.

Please provide your rant directly to Samsung so they know how you feel about your phone. I am upset too and do not have a ton of money. I have reported my issue in every support chat, Facebook, and phone call that I could. Now I wait....

Personally, I want constructive helpful information.

user5LRkPHGc77
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Lol Bixby Voice just got delayed again in the US until end of June or later... Cool to have this locked down hardware button that does nothing. Cool having a red tinted screen and edges even after a supposed update fix. Cool having UFS 2.0 storage that's slower than my friends S8+s. Cool having my SD card unmount about a hundred times a day causing my phone to randomly reboot itself. What's even cooler is that I went through THREE S8s and they all have these problems. Absolutely joke! For shame!
TheBeeze
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You indirectly confirmed what I said about #2. If they are still looking into the issue, there wouldn't be a patch out already in other countries for it. 

If I may make suggestion, perhaps you notify your superiors at Samsung that they would help calm the situation if they actually released a statement concerning the issue. I think that would be a relief in itself for some people.