cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Re-seating the SD card? Total number of apps each person has on their S8/S8+?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user5BbzGlHBjw wrote:

Attention please: After updating my gallery app to 5.3.03.308 i have had 0 unmounts in over 8 days with no wake lock app running. Before i would get dozens a day. Seems very promising.

The stock gallery app? I never seen an update on my end about this gallery app you speak of. What country are you from and what carrier do you have?

user5BbzGlHBjw
Constellation

Re: Re-seating the SD card? Total number of apps each person has on their S8/S8+?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Go to stock Samsung gallery app, go to settings, then choose about gallery and update if available.20170605_144109.png

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The Gallery? That seems interesting. Is there anyone that is able to confirm their version of the Gallery app, and whether or not updating it helps out in any way. I'd be curious to know if this changes at all for anyone else, and not just @user5BbzGlHBjw.

It's additional information I'd like to add to the tracker we already have, so getting new updates like this help with others as well.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

Kitty Caine
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungMarcos wrote:

The Gallery? That seems interesting. Is there anyone that is able to confirm their version of the Gallery app, and whether or not updating it helps out in any way. I'd be curious to know if this changes at all for anyone else, and not just @user5BbzGlHBjw.

It's additional information I'd like to add to the tracker we already have, so getting new updates like this help with others as well.

Gonna give it a try. Cann't hurt.

Kitty Caine
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Kitty Caine wrote:

@SamsungMarcos wrote:

Gonna give it a try. Cann't hurt.

Other info

Highlighted
TheBeeze
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Interesting. I'm running a different version from you and it says it's up to date. Can't find the gallery app in Samsung app store or Google play store to update either.... VZ S8

HelpNeededTech
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yeah, Verizon shows up to date on my gallery as well (different version than posted). I'm mainly waiting for that software update to rollout to U.S. customers. Even though @SamsungMarcos pretty much contradicted my thoughts on the update last week by saying that Samsung knows about the issue, but doesn't know of a fix yet. I'm still hoping it will have some effect on the problems we've been experiencing. Since they don't seem to have any issues with the latest update, I'd think it'd be rolling out shortly.

user5BbzGlHBjw
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You guys may download here at your own risk i do it all the time but take no responsibility! It's apk mirror you can Google and go there yourself to be safe.

As for it making sense, it makes sense to me as i have tons of pics in my sd card plus camera saves to sd so if the was a bug in that app where it was using too much resources or keeping the card active for long times and in turn forcing the card to unmount, then an update fixing it makes sense to me.

Do the same with music player.

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/samsung-electronics-co-ltd/gallery/gallery-5-3-03-308-release/gallery-5...

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So myself, as well as those above me, are aware of the recent update pushed out to UK and UEA about the Bluetooth and SD Card Stability problems. However, I'm still trying to get information on when something like that will be rolling out here, and if it's something that is directly for the device itself or for those over there with specific carriers. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

JAMES
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Like I said before.. I'm giving them tell the New iPhone 8 cones out ,to roll out a Update Fix for SD Card or I'm jumping Ship to them ... lol we see who comes first lol