cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Re-seating the SD card? Total number of apps each person has on their S8/S8+?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So....? Still no official fix huh? That stock gallery update did not save you from this, Samsung, sorry. I have no clue why that user's S8 miraculously started to function back to normal just by updating the gallery up, but hey good for him or her. But it didn't seem to work for everyone else. Meanwhile the rest of us are still whining, ranting, complaining, waiting, for a fix that should have been released a long time ago. Going on 2 months now, samsung, with this so called fastest phone, that can't even do basic functionalities. For now, I just been using the internal storage. The 256gb microsd I was using on my S8+ is now being used with my 3 year old tablet, which works flawlessly with no issues relating to the SD functionalities whatsoever. How crazy is that?!? Smh.

TrekNine
Constellation

Re: Re-seating the SD card? Total number of apps each person has on their S8/S8+?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My device is on its way back from Samsung. No idea what they did to it. 

Aksi20100418
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@TrekNine wrote:

My device is on its way back from Samsung. No idea what they did to it. 

Open the box

Take out the phone

Take out the sd card tray

Blow airspray into the hole

Put the sd card tray back on

Put the phone back in the box

Close the box

Leave it for little longer on shelf just to make it look like they did something

Ship it back, crossing their fingers it would work.

Hope that helped

Kitty Caine
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Aksi20100418 wrote:
I can believe that SamsungMarcos does talk to the company about it.
I also see, and believe this is how terrible they are when fixing a problem with their products.
No official communication/update regarding fix, keeping the problem in the air that makes their loyal customers(well, once I was) who spent nearly $1000US on it.
This really shows their class.

And stop ranting?? Where else do we talk about problem that the phone has??? And on top of that, where else do we complain about how the company is taking care of the situation??
LG forum??? Lol

Ranting here does not put it in Samsung's face. Where then? Come on really....Samsung has facebook, Twitter, Chat, online complaint...how about news organizations. Somewhere that you can be heard. 

I don't think anyone here is better or worse off. We are looking for answers too. We are outa money too. So I would call that preachin to the chior. 

Thank you Samsung Marcos for doing what you can.

user5LRkPHGc77
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Kitty Cain has been blocked on my end. Samsung shill obvious is obvious. Want to buy everyone's defective phone for us then Kitty? You are being moronic at the very least. 

Aksi20100418
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Kitty Caine,

You ever write to their fb etc stuff? They advertise left and right like they didn't even see my message. At least someone here is active to report upward just to not hear enough from the company.

But this is where this topic is the most active, and we are keep going, over 40 pages. 

I do not care what you write because it is your freedom to say what you want to say.

But I am one of those that is very very disappointed at their so called "flagship" expensive phone that doesn't even know how to acknowledge a sd card, AND not even being active with the affected customers for updates.

This is a phone version of "No Man's Sky" game. They released a half completed game at full $60 price, lying about the features of the game. Then went silent for few months despite people's negative reactions. They eventually started to update the game, but lack of communication with customers and all the hype they made crushed their reputation in gaming industry. 

samsung is a JOKE

Kitty Caine
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Aksi20100418 wrote:

Kitty Caine,

You ever write to their fb etc stuff? They advertise left and right like they didn't even see my message. At least someone here is active to report upward just to not hear enough from the company.

But this is where this topic is the most active, and we are keep going, over 40 pages. 

I do not care what you write because it is your freedom to say what you want to say.

But I am one of those that is very very disappointed at their so called "flagship" expensive phone that doesn't even know how to acknowledge a sd card, AND not even being active with the affected customers for updates.

This is a phone version of "No Man's Sky" game. They released a half completed game at full $60 price, lying about the features of the game. Then went silent for few months despite people's negative reactions. They eventually started to update the game, but lack of communication with customers and all the hype they made crushed their reputation in gaming industry. 

samsung is a JOKE

Yes, I have and continue to write and call and complain.

I too am very disappointed.

This has been the only place to offer any kind of answer or help. Unfortunately, I have to wade through the drama to get good information. (btw I am very thankful ti those who try to contribute on here)

I am not and will not continue this conversation.

I am looking for answers not tears.

DeltaEon
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I see a lot of uninformed people posting. A fix is already being deployed, it just hasn't reached the US yet.

http://www.androidauthority.com/updates/samsung-galaxy-s8-plus/

JAMES
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wished they Hurry up for Verizon, USA version 

user5BbzGlHBjw
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Attention please: After updating my gallery app to 5.3.03.308 i have had 0 unmounts in over 8 days with no wake lock app running. Before i would get dozens a day. Seems very promising.