cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aksi20100418
Asteroid

Re: Re-seating the SD card? Total number of apps each person has on their S8/S8+?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I can believe that SamsungMarcos does talk to the company about it.
I also see, and believe this is how terrible they are when fixing a problem with their products.
No official communication/update regarding fix, keeping the problem in the air that makes their loyal customers(well, once I was) who spent nearly $1000US on it.
This really shows their class.

And stop ranting?? Where else do we talk about problem that the phone has??? And on top of that, where else do we complain about how the company is taking care of the situation??
LG forum??? Lol
Reply
Loading...
TrekNine
Constellation

Re: Re-seating the SD card? Total number of apps each person has on their S8/S8+?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ya I paid wayyyyyyyyy too much for this phone to just let this one go away. I am pretty mad about how this has been handled. Kicking myself that I didn't wait for the new Google phone. One of the primary reasons why I buy Samsung is because, despite the fact they did away with removable batteries, you can still expand the storage. Now this doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

 

My bill for this phone was over $1200 CAD. This is absolutely unacceptable.

Reply
Loading...
Honored Contributor

Re: Re-seating the SD card? Total number of apps each person has on their S8/S8+?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for those screenshots. I'll make sure to have these saved, should something like this end up helping(as weird as it may seem). I look forward to your update.


Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

Reply
Loading...
Honored Contributor

Re: Re-seating the SD card? Total number of apps each person has on their S8/S8+?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It does clear up a bit. I'll have to check those articles again and check to see if the cited sources show any confirmation from Samsung here on our side. But I know how usually information comes down the pipeline for us, so I'll still be asking for confirmation on this and if I can get any kind of details for ya'll.


Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

Reply
Loading...
HelpNeededTech
Cosmic Ray

Re: Re-seating the SD card? Total number of apps each person has on their S8/S8+?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungMarcoshttps://www.androidheadlines.com/2017/05/samsung-galaxy-s8-bluetooth-fix-roll-globally-soon.html Thats one site where they stated to talk to a Samsung representative?

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Samsung-to-rollout-Galaxy-S8S8-Bluetooth-connectivity-and-stability-f... This one states it will roll out to other countries soon.

I can't find the links that said in the US shortly but they are out there, possibly on one of my last few comments I left here.

Reply
Loading...
Rockhound
Constellation

Re: Re-seating the SD card? Total number of apps each person has on their S8/S8+?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thought I'd share my experience so far...


I purchased my S8 the day it was released from AT&T and purchased an sd card that arrived a week later. I had used a 64 GB SD with my S5 for three years without a single hiccup. Within a few hours of installing a new Sandisk 128 GB SD in my S8 I noticed odd behavior in my picture gallery app of choice (QuickPic). I store most of my picture folders on the SD, and periodically all of the SD-stored folders wouldn't appear when loading QuickPic, but then it would refresh and they would flash in after a few seconds.


I didn't think much of it until I began using the Yamaha AV Controller app to listen to my music files (stored on SD) via WiFi over my Yamaha receiver. After choosing an album and locking my phone, playback would pause and upon waking up it would take a while to initialize - sometimes acting as if the file wasn't found. It was then that it occurred to me that the SD card was unmounting sporadically when the phone was locked. After a brief Google search I found this thread that described my issue perfectly.


This past Sunday I installed SD Card Monitor in the morning - 12 hours later it had documented 50 unmounts, while locked. Following the instructions in this thread I installed WakeLock this morning. At first it didn't have any effect (several more unmounts within 30 minutes). I cleared the cache and restarted my phone and 12 hours later I have had no unmounts.  Thanks to HelpNeededTech for the instructions.


I saw mention of the Samsung Gallery update and attempted that tonight. I updated to version 5.3.03.308 and turned off WakeLock. Within 25 minutes the SD unmounted 3 times. After turning WakeLock back on, the unmounts ceased.


Interestingly, my battery drained much slower today with WakeLock on. I'm eagerly awaiting an official fix from Samsung, but at least now I can keep the SD from unmounting spontaneously.

Reply
Loading...
Kitty Caine
Cosmic Ray

Re: Re-seating the SD card? Total number of apps each person has on their S8/S8+?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Rockhound wrote:

Thought I'd share my experience so far...


I purchased my S8 the day it was released from AT&T and purchased an sd card that arrived a week later. I had used a 64 GB SD with my S5 for three years without a single hiccup. Within a few hours of installing a new Sandisk 128 GB SD in my S8 I noticed odd behavior in my picture gallery app of choice (QuickPic). I store most of my picture folders on the SD, and periodically all of the SD-stored folders wouldn't appear when loading QuickPic, but then it would refresh and they would flash in after a few seconds.


I didn't think much of it until I began using the Yamaha AV Controller app to listen to my music files (stored on SD) via WiFi over my Yamaha receiver. After choosing an album and locking my phone, playback would pause and upon waking up it would take a while to initialize - sometimes acting as if the file wasn't found. It was then that it occurred to me that the SD card was unmounting sporadically when the phone was locked. After a brief Google search I found this thread that described my issue perfectly.


This past Sunday I installed SD Card Monitor in the morning - 12 hours later it had documented 50 unmounts, while locked. Following the instructions in this thread I installed WakeLock this morning. At first it didn't have any effect (several more unmounts within 30 minutes). I cleared the cache and restarted my phone and 12 hours later I have had no unmounts.  Thanks to HelpNeededTech for the instructions.


I saw mention of the Samsung Gallery update and attempted that tonight. I updated to version 5.3.03.308 and turned off WakeLock. Within 25 minutes the SD unmounted 3 times. After turning WakeLock back on, the unmounts ceased.


Interestingly, my battery drained much slower today with WakeLock on. I'm eagerly awaiting an official fix from Samsung, but at least now I can keep the SD from unmounting spontaneously.


I did the gallery update moved pics to card then took off Wake Lock. 13 unmounts. Put Wake Lock back on.

Reply
Loading...
Kitty Caine
Cosmic Ray

Re: Re-seating the SD card? Total number of apps each person has on their S8/S8+?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Kitty Caine wrote:

@Rockhound wrote:

Thought I'd share my experience so far...


I purchased my S8 the day it was released from AT&T and purchased an sd card that arrived a week later. I had used a 64 GB SD with my S5 for three years without a single hiccup. Within a few hours of installing a new Sandisk 128 GB SD in my S8 I noticed odd behavior in my picture gallery app of choice (QuickPic). I store most of my picture folders on the SD, and periodically all of the SD-stored folders wouldn't appear when loading QuickPic, but then it would refresh and they would flash in after a few seconds.


I didn't think much of it until I began using the Yamaha AV Controller app to listen to my music files (stored on SD) via WiFi over my Yamaha receiver. After choosing an album and locking my phone, playback would pause and upon waking up it would take a while to initialize - sometimes acting as if the file wasn't found. It was then that it occurred to me that the SD card was unmounting sporadically when the phone was locked. After a brief Google search I found this thread that described my issue perfectly.


This past Sunday I installed SD Card Monitor in the morning - 12 hours later it had documented 50 unmounts, while locked. Following the instructions in this thread I installed WakeLock this morning. At first it didn't have any effect (several more unmounts within 30 minutes). I cleared the cache and restarted my phone and 12 hours later I have had no unmounts.  Thanks to HelpNeededTech for the instructions.


I saw mention of the Samsung Gallery update and attempted that tonight. I updated to version 5.3.03.308 and turned off WakeLock. Within 25 minutes the SD unmounted 3 times. After turning WakeLock back on, the unmounts ceased.


Interestingly, my battery drained much slower today with WakeLock on. I'm eagerly awaiting an official fix from Samsung, but at least now I can keep the SD from unmounting spontaneously.


I did the gallery update moved pics to card then took off Wake Lock. 13 unmounts. Put Wake Lock back on.


Went 2 weeks with no unmounts after reformatting SD, wiping partition cache, and using Partial Wake Lock.

Took a chance the Gallery update would work, but no way.

After taking pics off and putting wake lock back on, 24 hours later had 1 unmount. Did partition wipe. Will see if anymore unmounts.

Reply
Loading...
TrekNine
Constellation

Re: Re-seating the SD card? Total number of apps each person has on their S8/S8+?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

They returned it with a note stating that I should change the SD card. The SD card that has worked flawlessly in my 200 dollar OPPO for a week.

Reply
Loading...
Highlighted

Re: Re-seating the SD card? Total number of apps each person has on their S8/S8+?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@TrekNine wrote:

They returned it with a note stating that I should change the SD card. The SD card that has worked flawlessly in my 200 dollar OPPO for a week.


Oh wow. So what did they do actually? Did they give you a new phone and adviced you to get another SD card? Or did they give you back your old one and adviced to use a another SD card with it? You should take a picture of the note and post it on social media. Post it on their Facebook so people can see how bad is all this being handled. 

Reply
Loading...