cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JAMES
Cosmic Ray

Re: Re-seating the SD card? Total number of apps each person has on their S8/S8+?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I justed talked to Verizon and they said be other few days or a week before it be release to us .. pray that true .. and it's a Fixed for sure ...

Kitty Caine
Cosmic Ray

Re: Re-seating the SD card? Total number of apps each person has on their S8/S8+?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Close to 24 hours with no Wake Lock on and NO unmounts or restarts. 

I also have been adding pics, apps, n documents to my SD card.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That's awesome to hear @Kitty Caine!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

user5LRkPHGc77
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Kitty Caine wrote:

Close to 24 hours with no Wake Lock on and NO unmounts or restarts. 

I also have been adding pics, apps, n documents to my SD card.

I would suggest going all in. Put everything you can on your SD card. Apps, music, photos, and set your applications to point to SD card. Try and make it unmount. 

bCreative
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Sure looks like this update is "the one". Went from unmounting every few minutes to no unmounts since I installed the update Wednesday afternoon.

The best I had seen before that was just shy of 24 hours.

You guys still think Samsung is a joke and doesn't care about customer satisfaction? Or do you think something more reasonable now: that they needed time to sort out what the problem was.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useronbX0IN8Lm wrote:
Sure looks like this update is "the one". Went from unmounting every few minutes to no unmounts since I installed the update Wednesday afternoon.

The best I had seen before that was just shy of 24 hours.

You guys still think Samsung is a joke and doesn't care about customer satisfaction? Or do you think something more reasonable now: that they needed time to sort out what the problem was.

I've gone 3 days before with no bad ejects, unmounts, removal, then the issues came back. With this update, I'm on day 2 and so far so good. I'll feel more comfortable once I get to a full week without any issues. But if this update did fix the issue, then I think samsung did an "ok" job. I still think it could have been handled better. I mean, does it really take 2 months to fix a software issue? I'm not a tech, I wouldn't know, but I do know that other companies (not gonna say who), has had issues and in a matter of days it gets fixed. Samsung is a big company so I don't expect anything less from them. Granted, I'm very thankful that they came through. Better late than never.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I totally agree with wanting at least a full week of solid unmounts. Feel free to keep this thread alive with updates. For now, I'm really thankful for all of your patience with this.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

JAMES
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wished they would release the Update For Verizon now lol ... 

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@James wrote:

Wished they would release the Update For Verizon now lol ... 

Have you tried updating manually? Because with mine, the update never alerted me. I had to go to settings and software update then downloaded the update manually. I have TMobile.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You could always check that. I'll see if perhaps our tech guy has any information on a Verizon drop, or you could reach out to Verizon directly in the meantime to see if they have any information they can give on the availability for that update.