cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userHLQQspGyAF
Constellation

Re: Re-seating the SD card? Total number of apps each person has on their S8/S8+?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just spoke to verizon who is still denying any known issue and no info on an update. Anyone have anything solid on a US update? 

And why is it always so darn  hard to get a straight answer from verizon and Samsung? (Venting after countless hours of troubleshooting and spending $ on 3 sd cards)

HelpNeededTech
Cosmic Ray

Re: Re-seating the SD card? Total number of apps each person has on their S8/S8+?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Well he or she is certainly mistaken or focused on a script to go by. They operate similarly to Samsung, really. Denial, denial, denial, then they roll out the fix later than supposed to. This is becoming more and more common with bigger tech giants (excluding a few). I'm banking on the next 2 weeks or so that we will receive the update. Another person on here I believe called them and they said it would be a few days or a weeks before the push out. Other carriers are getting it pushed out slowly, so denying there's anything wrong or an update being pushed out...is well...just dumb and ignorant for a number of reasons.
One, they have to push out the May security update with this update since it's already a month behind. So, that right there tells you that they don't know anything. Whether it covers the SD card issue or not (it will) there is an update coming. I just think they aren't allowed to say anything because their words mean something if it effects them in a more negative light. Such as, stating that it will come out on Friday and it doesn't, it will likely cause more of a problem. Failed promises = more angry customers in their eyes.
Two, Samsung has been pushing out this update worldwide to fix these bugs and security patch. it's widely known at this point, so I don't really understand why they would blindly deny one unless it's coming later than expected...
Zinger332
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Galaxy S8+ US unlocked version that received a software update to baseband version G955U1UEU1AQE3 and the June 1, 2017 security patch level this morning. The update stated it was an update for Bixby and addressed the SD card issues. Interestingly, my S8+ never had any SD card unmounts and remounts. 

Highlighted
Tyy
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Come 2 think about it,  I didn't have SD card issues when I 1st got the sprint phone. My issues may have started after that update.  I got the phone right before release, 2 days from sprint. No problem with the card at first...

bCreative
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
It's hard to get answers from Verizon because their marketing requires that they put on an air of perfection. Samsung has, in fact, addressed this issue at this point. US T-Mobile user here and yes, this has been fixed.
DeltaEon
Asteroid

Verizon is rolling out an update now, but I have no idea...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Verizon is rolling out an update now, but I have no idea if it addresses the SD issue. It says 'bug fixes.'

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/samsung-galaxy-s8-update/

This software update brings you the shopping feature for Bixby Vision, improvements to the screen settings, and essential bug fixes.

I've already installed and will be monitoring my SD card again.

Honored Contributor

Re: Verizon is rolling out an update now, but I have no idea...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry for those who installed the most recent update that helped for others. It's overall going to seem like a big cluster of a problem, especially when those from Verizon are still not on the update specifically. For those who have received the update(T-Mobile User's especially) and had the problem fixed, could you let me know what SD Card model and specs you have. And for those who received the same update, but it didn't help, let me get those same specs as well.

I've already updated this information to our tech guy here who will be escalating this to let those above us know that folks are still experiencing the problem even after the update. I'd like to just try and preemptively get some information before they come back to me asking to get it.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

bCreative
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
From the outside, I did posit (based on band-aid fixes working for some but not for others) that the SD card issue was actually multiple issues, so I'm not really surprised that the fix only worked for some. It is likely that there are two or more issues and that only one of them has been identified and fixed at this point.

Of course, people would rather rant than listen to reason from someone who works in the industry (but not for Samsung).
TheBeeze
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just got the update on VZ S8. Resetting my counter. We'll see what happens now.

HelpNeededTech
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Same here. Will update if an unmount happens, otherwise I won't say unless needed.