cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kitty Caine
Cosmic Ray

Re: Galaxy S8 SD Card Problems.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Only part of the ejects,  unmounting,  and rebooting over 24 hours. Gets worse as battery power gets down around 30%. I had no idea it was this bad. 

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The tracker I've sent off previous has made sure to include this. Was trying to get a bit more information from folks themselves, just to see if it's something hardware related or not.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

usersnwlCuPqOs
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I habe the same issue where the card unmounts and mounts throughout the day. Upon closer inspection of the card tray, it appears as though it is slightly warped, so that the card doesn't sit quite flush. I'm wondering if this is why it's having trouble staying connected to the phone. Is be curious to see if others see that their cards seem to fit too snug in the slot. 

Wardak96
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I thought it was the tray at first, but mine is solid, no deformities or anything. You would think if it had anything to do with the tray, the SD card would unmount if you move the phone a lot, but I just unmount on its own randomly.
Aksi20100418
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing for me. Even the games that I moved to SD card goes grey too because the card disappears from the phone. Also these random popups specially when i open the camera saying it will be stored in sd card like i just put one in. My pictures will go on both device and the card randomly depends on when the card disappears so i will have to constantly check on gallary to see if i see 2 different camera folders. Stupid.

Hope this is fixable with software update. This is straight out stupid. Note 7 issue, then I waited patiently for this one.

1 more of this problem, I am leaving this company's phone no matter what kind of feature it brings. Who cares about features when the phone is not even functioning basic things correctly??

[Edit] my sd card is the 256gb one from the $99bundle. But it seems it is not just this card, so it is the freakin phone.

userf6lpG2UV1l
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

S8+ ....Same problem with 256gb samsung sd card card that I recieved from SAMSUNG  in the bundle. Removed formatted sdc card ,no help. 

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For the people that are still having the issue, have you guys updated already or you're still waiting for it? I'm on T-Mobile and when the software update was released 2 weeks ago, it fixed my SD card issues. Not one single bad removal, ejectc, unmounts ever since I updated. Or have you guys already updated and still having the issues? Haven't been here on this forum in a while because I haven't had the need to since my issues have been resolved but I went on out of curiousity lol. I'm very surprised to see that some people are still having issues. My S8+ works perfect now with my Samsung 256gb. For the people that are still having issues, I feel really bad for you guys. I know the feeling, I waited 2 months for my issues to finally get fixed and on those 2 months was a real pain. 

userMHPA3OSVzM
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My s8 still not seeing card. Did when New 

Tyy
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you take the card out a format it as < FAT32> on computer it may help. Formatting using the pioneer did not help, font know why 

Tyy
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you take the card out a format it as < FAT32> on computer it may help. Formatting using the phone an S8+ did not help, don't  know why but out has helped. If your problems continue u can encrypt the car on the phone. However you will not recover any files if malfunctions again. Hope this helps