Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userarMY7YZ914
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy S8 SD Card Problems.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungMel wrote:

Heads up guys! I got an update:

For U.S devices, this has been address on last month Software update -G950USQU1AQEF- Improvement to SD card stability. Has anyone else run this update? 

When is that update coming to AT&T? 

Tom n
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Similar problem on S7 - every time I restart the phone the SD card is not recognized.
After restart I open the Samsung App "My Files" and the SD card is shown as 'not inserted'.

The workaround that creates recognition every time:
Go to Settings...Lock screen and security...Encrypt SD card...ENCRYPT.

It is not necessary for the process to end; give it a few minutes then open Samsung app "My Files" and it's size and available space is listed correctly. Now all apps work correctly.

user8vNM6Ec1Ed
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

great. Its work.Thanks

Chumboy
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Had an app screw up my display and had to factory reset.

Upon reboot, s8 said there was no sd-card.

I finally removed the s8 sd-card and put it in my galaxy note 4.

It recognized the card but said nothing was on it.

It asked me if i wanted to format the sd-card and i said yes.

then pulled the sd-card out of the note 4 and put it back into the s8.

rebooted and the s8 recognized the empty sd-card perfectly!!!

i then connected to my buffalo nas using es-explorer and copied the sd-card backup files i put on my nas 5 days ago using Cheetah Sync.....and bob's your uncle.

Hope this helps someone

usermeySdJapSy
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same started happening to me 

Then it eventually stopped working

I lost all my photos and videos and the SD card can no longer be read in a computer

I tried another SD card and it worked for a few min and the that card stopped working too ....is it a coincidence ??

Highlighted
user8KvHHWpm0R
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing keeps happening to me with BRAND NEW SD CARDS. Very frustrating. Does anyone think that Samsung will recognize the problem and get it resolved. The only reason I chose Samsung Galaxy S8 was because of the "expandable memory". What can we do? 

JJTX
userefIyQh0WkG
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Have you tried to use a Kingston SD Card I tried so many times to get the Samsung SD cards to work on the S8, I even sent a few back to suppliers thinking it was a fault with the cards them self, but found that when I used the Kingston SD card that the S8 read it with absolutely no problem. Samsung should have bench tested this device further before releasing so quickly.
letmeknov
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Galaxy S8 + SanDisk Extreme Plus 64GB UHS-I/ U3 = Freezing

Ok, so as the title shows my phone has this random freezing problem during the day. Phone freezes for at least 10 seconds mostly when any app is lauched, but you can still pull out status bar, or switch recent apps. It might freeze when the phone is locked, then you can't do anything and have to wait. It freezing 99% when you doing reboot or shutdown (takes much longer to shut down the phone) All this freezing madness doesn't happen very often, but I am facing it every single day at random moments. Also every single startup my S8 takes up to 3 minutes to load some applications, even some system apps like blue light filter and alarm clock icon.  So all the freezing I have is caused by inserted microSD - SanDisk Extreme Plus 64GB UHS-I/ U3 card. I bought it few years ago, from official store and been using with my previous phone LG G4. Never had any problems with it before I bought Galaxy S8+. I thought maybe my card is getting bad, so I checked for errors, everything is fine, I keep +1000 photos on it and it's a 100% working card. It just seems that S8 and this card are not compatible, or something, because my phone works very well with my old Transcend 6 Class card, no freezes, nothing, and my SanDisk Extreme Plus 64GB works very well with my other phone.

PS. I only store photos on my microsd card, but it doesn't matter, same freezes happens with empty formatted card. So...

My phone: Galaxy S8+ (SM-G955F) running latest firmware G955FXXU1AQH3
MicroSD card: SanDisk Extreme Plus 64GB UHS-I/ U3, Product number: SDSQXSG-064G-GN6MA

TL : DR

* S8 without microsd card: no freezing during use, normal startup/shutdown
* S8 with SanDisk Extreme Plus 64GB UHS-I/ U3: random freezing during use, takes longer time to load some apps at startup, slower shutdown
* S8 with Transcend Class 6: no freezing during use, normal startup/shutdown
* Other phone with same SanDisk Extreme Plus card: no freezing during use, normal startup/shutdown

Please help.

nezsanz
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well I'd like to share my case:
I just started having this same issue on my S8+. I have a kingston 64gb class 10 (U1) card and I had a S7 Edge where it worked perfect but then I switched to S8+ and started using it, after about 3 days of use, it started with the problem: unmount and mounting about 2 or 3 times a day. I didn't pay much attention to it but now, after 2 weeks of use it happens every few minutes, sometimes even seconds.
So I tried an Adata 32Gb class 4 (borrowed) and after using it for about 1 hour it never had an issue. I tested it moving, copying, deleting and writing data on it and never failed.
Now I'm using a class 4 sd card (unbranded, generic I guess) with 1GB only and it works perfect too. I've been playing videos for an hour with no fails.
I tried to do the same with the Kingston card again and it failed again, multiple times so I guess that the issue is on the Kingston card BUT I inserted it on my wife's Note 3 and performed the same tests and it works PERFECT for about 3 hours.
Idk what to think. Any ideas? Smiley Frustrated
Thank you all.

PS: Sorry if I wrote something wrong, english is not my mother tongue.

nezsanz
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Update:
I just bought a card Samsung EVO Select U3 and the problem is even worst than it was with the Kingston card.
I can't believe this is happening. So long Samsung, never again.