cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ivana
Constellation

Re: Verizon is rolling out an update now...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's been over 24 hours for me since I applied the AT&T update and so far so good! I am still going to monitor for the rest of the week, just to be sure,  but this is the longest so far that I've gone without my SD card unmounting. 

userSk1YbQ5ENN
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Rockhound wrote:

I'm on AT&T.  I checked first thing this morning and the update was available. 

I turned off Wake Lock prior to the update taking effect.  Now nearly 15 hours later I have no recorded unmounts.  My card is a 128 GB Sandisk.

Interestingly, I think my battery life was best with Wake Lock applied, but admittedly I don't have much of a sample yet with this update.

Do you use the Samsung Music app? I received the latest AT&T update  yesterday but I'm still having SD card issues where the folders and mp3's dissapear for a moment before reloading. (I'm also using 128 Sandisk) This is the 2nd replacement device I've received. The 1st one had no issues with the SD card(even before this update) but had red tint that was a bit more extreme than the one it was replacing so they sent me another one. I received the second one and now the red tint is not as bad but I'm back to square one with the SD card issue. Really starting to get frustrated. 

Editx2: Seems I may have spoke to soon. Just received another update. 1st one was 400+ 2nd was 375mb. The dissapearing and reloading of mp3 files seems to have stopped. Will update this post if the issue re-occurs.

useriyVLu3OmX9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have an s8 plus. Using a 32gb SanDisk. Formatted card  and installed new update a few days ago that said sd card bug fix. I am with bluegrass cellular. SD notification still pops up. "tap here to transfer files" . Help

userSk1YbQ5ENN
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useriyVLu3OmX9 wrote:

I have an s8 plus. Using a 32gb SanDisk. Formatted card  and installed new update a few days ago that said sd card bug fix. I am with bluegrass cellular. SD notification still pops up. "tap here to transfer files" . Help

That's a normal notification, you should be able to swipe that clear and it won't come back. As long as your phone doesn't restart with apps loaded on it, and mp3/files aren't loading and unloading, your phone is good now.

I'm on AT&T and the most recent update fixed the SD card issues I was having. 

Linony
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What version of software update solved it for you on AT&T?  I was having playlist issues with Music on SD card.  Moved it all to phone memory.  No more issues.  So SD card is the issue.  I think, it's how the card gets installed.  Seems very flimsy and weak.  The way it was installed on S5 was more fixed and firm.

Highlighted
Tyy
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you take the card out a format it as < FAT32> on computer it may help. Formatting using the phone an S8+ did not help, don't  know why but out has helped. If your problems continue u can encrypt the car on the phone. However you will not recover any files if malfunctions again. Hope this helps

Sammy29
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I hope this is the update we've been waiting for. Recently ventured to E3 and used up most of my SD card storage and saw the update was up. I unlocked my at&t S8 and using a different carrier so I can't get OTA updates. Had to use Odin and get the firmware online. Installed the update without wiping my data too. Crossing my fingers and popping in my 200GB Sandisk. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm happy to report that, in the two weeks or so from when I installed the Verizon update on 6/13 at 2:37pm to system version G955USQU1 AQEF (as reported in Settings > "System Updates"), I haven't seen a single unmount or bad ejection.

SD Monitor's logs, reset right after or before installing the update (I can't remember quite when I did it...), is completely empty.

Seems that update did the trick for the SD card problem(s) that I was having.

And if Verizon and Samsung had been vocal about this being a known problem and that they were working on it, they might not have had an otherwise good phone being sent back and me with a second phone.

Ah well.

Thanks, everybody! @SamsungMarcos, I hope that helps!

Cheers,

=> Starhawk

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the update @Starhawk_kTreva! I am happy to hear you've been going strong without any problems since the update. I do apologize about you having to send back your phone in order to at least try and troubleshoot, I agree completely with you. With the right kind of communication, a lot could have been avoided, especially for those who had gone through multiple devices.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

user1OuPC4s83N
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Update my phone