cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useraR6FdoqZwd
Constellation

Re: Galaxy S8 SD Card Problems.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine 'died' yesterday. No apps had been moved to the Samsung 64GB card in my S8+. Have reseated the card more than once. Have (had) a couple thousand songs, and about 800 photos on it. This is NOT what I would expect from a top of the line phone and SD card. I guess I'm going to have to buy an adapter and pray that everything is recoverable to my PC.

user5GZY3mIm4h
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same -- S7 who's SD card was killed with the latest update. All the files are accessible via PC, formatting it from the computer didn't help. It's the Samsung Pro 64g. the funny thing is I can put in a 32g Sandisk Ultra plus and it recognizes that...

user9cdBB3YXmO
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Everything on the S8 worked perfectly until the latest update for me. Since the update, my phone does not recognize the Samsung 256 SD card. All pics and music not visible, on the phone, or with phone connected to my laptop. It says the SD card is not in it.

I have not experienced any unmount/mount issues. Just doesn't recognize the card anymore. The card was installed by my phone provider when purchased 2-1/2 months ago. No issues until a few days ago.

userkVLqw1lFOY
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have the same problem as others.
I switch for iphone to GS8 because of expandable storage. But this is really annoying..i lost 1500 pictures and 34 videos, because it's just vanished from the sd card. Samsung gonna fix this? because it is quiet a big problem.
And I really like the phone.but getting dissapointed
Highlighted
Tyy
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you take the card out a format it as < FAT32> on computer it may help. Formatting using the phone an S8+ did not help, don't  know why but out has helped. If your problems continue u can encrypt the car on the phone. However you will not recover any files if malfunctions again. Hope this helps

userua6tiH35G6
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
has there been any update to this issue? my SD card is not recognized and using up my internal memory because it is not recognized
useroDO4RVKQfH
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm seeing the same issue on my VZ note 8. 256GB samsung SD card just disconnects or something. I dont see any unmounting messages but I notice it when using Spotify. All my downloaded music is now gone and Spotify reverts to saving back to internal storage. Same story with the Netflix/Plex apps. Also, all the music that Spotify downloaded to SD card originally is no longer on the SD card. Very strange behavior. With this glitch and all the ranom freezes that I get, I dont know if Note8 was the right decision on my end. VZ or Samsung need to fix this!

userajiDjGaefy
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same exact issue.

userpMYIUqjidq
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I see this post is from 4 24 just started in my phone. The SD card worked fine now its just not showing at all any resolution?

userSxtju3PcSW
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem with the certified Samsung card.   I purchased this card so I wouldn't have any issues. It keeps mounting and unmounting randomly.