cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userGyk4pYHAsQ
Constellation

Galaxy S8 SD Card Problems.

Hello,

So I updated my Samsung Galaxy S8 a couple days ago and since then a notification has popped up saying that my SD card is unsupported.  Never had a SD card issue before so I'm wondering what I should do.  It says I can format it but that will erase everything currently on it and I dont want that.  I have already taken the card out, cleaned it and put it back in making sure it is properly in place but that didnt fix the issue.  Please let me know if u have a solution, I would very much appreciate it.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy S8 SD Card Problems.

It is possible you have to reformat the SD card. Are you able to back up the data on the SD card?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Care Ambassador

i would copy everything on it and then reformat it and then just copy all of your stuff back to the card 

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please mark it as "Solved."

Note 9 User

Samsung Care Ambassador

Note 9 User on Verizon Wireless
userUhwPIDJFqe
Constellation

I got that same problem.. every time I format it or remount it ,it works..until I reset my phone, then back to square 1 S9 user 400gig sd card

userxaqWdLMLN4
Constellation

S8 no longer reading micro SD card

I took some pictures on my samsungS8, then clicked on Gallery to see if they were there and how they looked and none of my over 800 photos and videos were there. All the albums that were saved on the SD card are gone too. They no longer appear on the list of albums when I go to my gallery. I went to YouTube and there was a video of how to solve this problem. It suggests going to settings, then Device Maintenance, then click on the storage icon there, then the 3 dots up top on the right, then storage settings, then you will see under portable storage, it says SD card corrupted. You click on that and you click set up, then it wants you to click Format, which will completely delete what's on the SD card. For one thing, the SD card is not corrupted as it says. If it was, it wouldn't show the photos and videos on it when I put it into my PC. They show up there.

Re: S8 no longer reading micro SD card

Move all of the card contents into a folder on your PC. Then put the SD card back into your phone and format it. See if it recognizes it now. If so, put everything back on and continue using it in your phone. If not.... Dunno