cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usera330X1lzof
Constellation

Re: Galaxy S8 SD Card Problems.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So frustrating. Having the same issue as well. Randomly missing apps and apps in folders due to SD issues. Suddenly they re-appear. Also using S8+. Didn't have the issue on the S8 so may have to go back. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
This is just ridiculous. I already tried formatting it on the phone itself, formatting it on pc, checked the slot to make sure the sd card is put in nice and tight, and still having the issues. I know there's nothing wrong with the sd card because it works perfectly on my LG V20 and its an authentic samsung brand sd card. I hope more people will speak up if they're having this issue so that samsung will pay attention and will finally work on getting a fix.
userGIxEAcSuL7
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having exactly the same problem. SO card all of a sudden went corrupt. Formatting doesn't help. 

Well, Samsung doesn't seem to be a company that listens to it's users. 

Highlighted
userf9MplVzlnQ
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Exactly the same issue on s8+ Smiley Tonguehotos appear as blanks then several seconds later reapparears as thumbnails, music suddenly stops - have to manually restart.  

Brand new SandDisk 64gb card.

This issue did not exist on s7 Edge - is was seamless between the internal and microSD card memory.

Needs fixing asap

userf9MplVzlnQ
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
s8+. My photos are saved automatically to the SD card - whenever I take a photo whilst listening to music, the music stops for a few seconds, then restarts - sometimes stuttering.
After taking the photo I have to wait 30 or more seconds before I can share it via mms or email - the photo just freezes. Hit the share button, nothing happens. Eventually it works.
All my photos and music are on the SandDisk 64gb memory card.
Samsung Live Chat had no solutions & would not confirm it was a known issue or not.
I would suggest that everyone with the memory card issues contacts Samsung support (if you haven't already) - the more complaints that Samsung get, the quicker a fix will occur.
Register your complaint with them.
userR8ZYaCTbOy
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My S8 does not see the SD card at all. I've tried turning the phone off and reseating it, doing a reset (not factory reset), etc. I also went to the Verizon store and tried the same card in two other S8's with the same result. The card worked fine in my Note 4, and works in my computer. So I know the card is not corrupt.

The Verizon guy said that I may need to try a new card. After reading this forum that doesn't sound very promising.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If your sd card works on other phones then it's not your sd that's the problem. This is worst than I thought. It sounds like this IS really an issue with the s8/s8+ phone. I hope this is just a software issue which can easily be fixed with an update. But if it's a hardware related issue, then we are all screwed. That means we have to return the phone. It would be the same nightmare we all went through with the note 7. I pray to God this will not be the case.

So please, I'm encouraging everyone to contact Samsung and let our voice be heard. Register your complain so that it becomes official. The more people complain the faster this will be taken care of. 

Dalfa
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree, I'm having the same issue as most of you.  Inserted Samsung 256gb card,  moved a couple apps to card and then started getting a bunch of errors.  Ends up the card is no longer present.   I will contact support later.   Let me know if there are any remedies found. Thanks

userLrbzXZi1dF
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was having the same issue ref: move files to SD card.  I removed the card, cleaned thd contacts and reenserted.  Seemd to fix the SD card issue but still rebooting randomly...sigh 

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

All I know at the moment is what type of SD-Card is compatible with it based on the specs page. They say going with branded official cards possess the highest success results in cases like these, but I've also heard it the other way too. It's all speculation. May I ask what type of SD-Card you are using now?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.