Thought I would show a screenshot of the issue. As you can see, it states that the SD card is not inserted, but I know for a fact that it is in there. After a few seconds it'll work again. This, although a minor issue, is kind of concerning considering it's a top of the line phone paired with a top of the line SD card. And I am really hoping this is just a software issue that can be fixed with an update.
Has anyone been able to open and try to move the tray physically with their hand to see if perhaps it triggers it to be re-mounted. Or is it just not even being found at all any longer?
I've taken it out, put it back, rebooted& turned phone offand on. The sd card works in my other phones just not recognised by the s8+. When will samsung fix this or start sending out new phones?
T-Mobile Galaxy S8 experiencing this problem. I've tried:
- Different SD cards from various brands and sizes: Samsung 256GB EVO+ (x2), Samsung 128GB Pro+, Sandisk Ultra 200GB, Samsung 32GB EVO+, Sandisk Extreme Plus 64GB. I've tried both exFAT and FAT32
- Tried running the card Encrypted and decrypted. While decrypted, apps will sometimes throw an error, but otherwise there isn't a defined notification. While encrypted, every time the card gets unmounted, there will be a SD Card Encrypted notification
- Tried leaving the card inserted, but manually unmounting the card. The card should stay unmounted, but it doesn't
- Used an app called SD Card Monitor, shows that the card is being ejected, unmounted and then re-mounted over and over again
- Tried clearing cache via bootloader
- Smartswitch errors while trying to backup to SD
- Large file transfers to SD almost always fail
- Safe mode - encrypted card still throws notifications
Under all circumstances, the card unmounts and re-mounts periodically. Time duration varies, can be as quick as every 5 minutes to every hour or so.
I've tried 2 cards - 1 which works perfectly in my old s7 Edge, the other brand new.
I ended up reformatting the older card (SanDisk 64gb purchased in Feb 2017 - I.e 2 months old) and tried it again - same problems.
Tried a brand new Samsung Evo 128gb card, formatted in the phone - even worse than the SanDisk. Of the 1400 photos transferred from my PC to the phone - only 1 had a visible thumbnail, the rest were greyed out icons. When I tried to open the only good photo, nothing happened for several seconds - it finally opened, but most of the photo was greyed out.
Reformatted the card again. This time transferred all the photos from the PC to the phone's internal memory. They all were perfect - both thumbnail and actual photo. Then I transferred them from internal phone memory to SD card.
Same old problems instantly reappeared. Most thumbnails greyed out, the 1 photo I could open took over 30 seconds to open.
I didn't bother putting any music on the card - pointless.
Ended up removing the card.
I have had other issues with the phone (failed restore from Smart Switch) that even a Samsung tech couldn't get to work.
And now the SD card debacle. After the issues surrounding the Note 7 and its recall, I am very disappointed that the beautiful new s8+ is so problematic from day 1. You would have thought that Samsung would so thoroughly test this phone it would be problem free from the get go.
Samsung - we need either a software fix or replacement phones.
I too am having issues with the sd card and my S8+. The card will randomly.mount and unmount. This card was part of the preorder bundle and appears to work well with other devices.
With this many reports, this has to be a software issue of some kind. I've yet to see any replies from Samsung on this thread. Hopefully they will issue a fix soon. Otherwise I will have to return the device.
It's not being found at all, if I click storage it only gives me the they internal storage numbers. I've tried ejecting the tray and pushing it back in, restarting the phone as well. I noticed this issue when I got the vr head set 2 days ago. Friday I could access the card. Yesterday it wasn't even reading and got a notification saying it was ejected.