Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
e1000
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy S8 SD Card Problems.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungMarcos wrote:

Interesting, so it's literally showing on the monitor as simply mounting, unmounting, failing, and repeat over and over. Has anyone else checked how the tray is sitting inside their phone like @userf9MplVzlnQ did? I'm wondering if perhaps it's SUPER sensitive with how it's seated, and the smallest amount of offset is making those contact points flick over and over.

For me there was no question of how the card was sitting in the tray. I was careful to insert the card into the tray, and then the tray into the slot. The fix for me was turning off App Power Monitor! I've now gone from constant (every 5-20 mins) eject/unmount/mount events to zero in the last 12+ hrs

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

App Power Monitor. Really? That's weird that something like that would affect the SD reading. Anyone able to turn off App Power Monitor to confirm with @e1000 on their findings. I'd love to know if this helps anyone else as well.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

TheBeeze
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm gonna try this. Will report back.

Sammy29
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have turned it off and it has only been 5 hours but so far nothing happens which is good! If I can go a full 24 hours, I'll feel confident it is App Power Monitor that if causing the problem. 

userbIglINX5t1
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you list step by step how to disable App Power Monitor, so others can try this for themselves?

e1000
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Settings -> Device Maintenance -> Battery [icon] -> 3dot menu -> Advanced Settings -> Turn off "App power monitor"

Another development: After turning off App power monitor, I've turned it back on and still do not get any SD card disconnects!
TheBeeze
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
App Power Monitor does not appear to be the fix for me.

I've had 2 unmounts in SD monitor in the passed 2 hours since disabling. However, my apps have not reflected the issue (ie failing to load right away or wiping out music playlists) since then. Will keep monitoring and see how it goes.
Wardak96
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
So I tried the app power monitor trick, and it did not work. Now if it does have to do with the contact points having a weak connection, that is something that Samsung needs to fix.
Highlighted
userbIglINX5t1
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yup, I'm having the same thing happen to me.

I've checked and rechecked the card, it's in my tray super snug, and the tray isn't bent.  Even if the phone is sitting on my desk and nobody is touching it, the card will unmount itself.

Support was telling me it was a bad 256gb card that came with the bundle, but even with a 16GB card that I pulled from my old phone, it was doing the same thing.

This is extremely frustrating, and i'm serioulsly considering returning my device. 

userbIglINX5t1
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Holy crap.
Screenshot_20170501-174051.png
I downloaded the app SD Card Monitor, and I'm seeing multiple mount and eject per minute.

No wonder my phone is constantly restarting itself.

This is entirely unacceptable.

Admin/Mod, can you flag this to engineering or support?

I'm really, really interested in getting a replacement device, my phone is utterly unusable, as it is constantly restarting and locking itself up.

I was lucky I got the VR pack, but I really can't enjoy the experience, as the phone keeps restarting as I am trying to use it; the Green and blue lock icon appears each time it restarts itself.