cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HelpNeededTech
Cosmic Ray

Re: Galaxy S8 SD Card Problems.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Probably a dead card now or corrupted. I'd put it in your computer a test it there. If it doesn't show up there or another phone, I'm afraid it's time to set up a memorial service for it.
TrekNine
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My card works fine in a 260 dollar OPPO I bought on my recent trip to Indonesia, when my s7 got stolen. Which makes this even more pathetic.

I have opened a ticket with Samsung. Pretty sure this is the last Samsung I'll ever buy. Been through two old samsung flip phones, s3(great phone), Note4(Laggy piece of crap), s7(fantastic, but stolen), and now this steaming pile of expensive embarassment.

Not impressed.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I finally removed my Samsung 256gb SD card out of my S8+. Basically I can't listen to my music files, watch my videos, look at my pics anymore because I have them all stored in the SD card. It's really sad that a phone this expensive can't even do the most basic thing that it is designed for. I removed the SD card to prevent the phone from corrupting and destroying it. I don't know about the rest of the people here but going from 256gb to now having to go with the internal 64gb is a huge difference. Most definitely a deal breaker if you're a heavy SD card user like myself. I'm still here sticking around in hopes that Samsung will finally provide a fix. I don't know how much longer I can wait. I've been waiting for a month. Maybe it's time to start looking for a different phone.

usermzNeAkj82I
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's a shame that we didn't get a response from Samsung themselves about this situation. I too did not buy this phone not to be able to use the SD capabilities on this phone. 

usermzNeAkj82I
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's a shame that we didn't get a response from Samsung themselves about this situation. I too did not buy this phone not to be able to use the SD capabilities on this phone. 

user3CoCLS2Ocp
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I did put a piece of tape on my card and so far, so good after 24 hours!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Been there done that. Already tried the tape and about pretty much everything. Issue is still there. There's times when I didn't get the issue for as long as 3 days, and then it came back. As of now, it's worst than ever. It's gotten to the point where I had to remove the SD card before the phone destroys it with all the bad ejecting/unmounting/bad removal constantly happening. And once again, a recent post here proves the inconsistency and lack of better management with this issue as the user stated that samsung was contacted and they pretty much, AGAIN, denied that this is an issue. You would think after so many complains on the phone, live chat, forums...and after 1 month and 28 pages later...are you gonna tell me you don't know about this issue and refused to acknowledge it? Unbelievable how all this is being handled. I would expect this from a small company but not Samsung.

userbAzYbh9ByA
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yeah I plugged in the phone to my laptop even the laptop didn't recognize the card so I just got a new one.  Just to make sure I don't have to format the new on both the phone and the laptop right? I always did that just to make sure it was clean and everything

HelpNeededTech
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userbAzYbh9ByA wrote:

Yeah I plugged in the phone to my laptop even the laptop didn't recognize the card so I just got a new one.  Just to make sure I don't have to format the new on both the phone and the laptop right? I always did that just to make sure it was clean and everything

To answer that question simply, no you do not have to. It should be good with one reformat in the phone settings or sometimes even straight out of the package in some cases won't make a difference. Let us know if your phone ejects the card as well, with the app 'SD Card Monitor'.

blkflame06
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the S8+, and overall it is a great phone, long battery life etc. the SD card problem is the MAJOR issue. At first the phone would say that the SD card was not inserted, or was umounted improperly. Now after a month of having the phone, the SD card is not seen as being in the slot itself. 

This is not a good design of the SD card slot. Especially to unmount or remove it the SIM card comes out also. And it looks like there is no Fix from SAMSUNG about it.