cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Galaxy S8 SD Card Problems.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The fact that Samsung still have not acknowledge the issue or even let us know they're working on getting a fix is really unbelievable to me. Everyday I check this forum I see a user complaining about the same issue. Everyday it's growing. The topic has already reached 11 pages and still no official word from Samsung. Nothing. I really don't understand. With the note 7 issue, Samsung was very quick to acknowledge the issue and tried to work on a solution. But with this, nothing. I've never seen such lack of support. You would think they'd be so helpful after the failed note 7 but no. It really is sad. I don't know what else to do. I really like the phone and I want to keep it. But with this lack of support from Samsung I might just have to return it and never support their product again. I was really hoping it wouldn't get to that but it seems like Samsung is not giving us much of a choice here.

usereoNGf2bpFt
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

usereoNGf2bpFt
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having same problem my ad card does not show up

userapXakeF0bJ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I got an S8+ today. Took the 64gb sd card out of my note 4 and it was working fine for several hours. Tonight I went to look at a picture and it said the SD was corrupted. I restarted a couple times. Took the card out and replaced it. Still corrupt. 3 years of pictures including all of the pictures of my 9 month old baby... ( i do back up frequently, but not cool)
I put the sd in a card reader for my pc and it read the card fine. Note 4 had no problem with it. Still not working on the S8+.

Sammy29
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My best time was 29 hours before the self ejects occured again. Called CS and he told me to reformat my phone and change them. Didn't even bother since I have already tried. Last thing he said is if there was something wrong with the software, to take it to my local Best Buy to get a Samsung rep to reflash my phone. I decided to save myself the trouble and do it myself. Used Odin to flash my phone with a clean rom to reflash it, I figure it wouldn't trip KNOX ( which it didn't). After start-up, I got one eject. I am lucky to not get the crazy amount like 50+ a day. It only happens when I'm sleeping and not using the phone but still should not be happening at all on a device I paid $800 for. 

user8XlglAXybC
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

*Sniff* Anyone else smell that? It smells like a class action lawsuit in here.

My brand new S8+ (that I got today) made my SD card act like it's corrupted on my S8+ and on my S7 edge. I used that card with no issue for a year on my S7, then it was working fine on the S8. I ejected it using the proper method, then my S7 said it was "corrupted". Put it back in the S8, same thing. Opened the card in Windows 10, no problem, so I backed it up. Both devices still say "corrupted". I tried formatting it in the S8 and not only does it still say "corrupted", it didn't even format it! I can still open the card in Windows!

Axela05
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Congrats Samsung, you just lost 2 more customers due to your ignorance. I've been having the SAME issues with my HTC 10 for the past 6 months and figured I jump to the S8 with my Wife, but after seeing this dumpster fire waiting to happen, we're out. Thanks for saving us the headache and good luck with the class action lawsuit all!
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

To reiterate with those that may not have skimmed back a page or two before responding, this is something that I had made note of, sent off to those above, and will report back when I hear anything. I did make this report, and it's something that is in fact being looked into as I type this. I will make sure to shoot off another e-mail come next week to politely remind them this is still being experienced by folks in this thread.

I'd like to preemptively collect information just in case it's something they come back at with me to gather from ya'll. If you wouldn't mind, could you please update with your model numbers, as well as which carrier you're currently with. For those who have had better luck from previous troubleshooting steps, I'm really happy to read about that.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Since you mentioned about the previous pages, did you yourself even bothered to go back and read them as well? Because if you did, it will show that no one had any luck with the troubleshooting steps. For some people it did fix it but it was temporarily. Eventually the issue came back again. I still have not returned my s8+ because I'm still hoping you guys would come through and provide us a "PERMANENT" fix. Hopefully that's soon because this is really frustrating. As I'm writing this the SD card has been unmounted/ejected/bad removal on its own 93 times and counting in a matter of just 3 days. Ridiculous. (See attached photo)

FYI here's my phone info:

S8+ model number SM-G955UZKATMB T-Mobile

user8XlglAXybC
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

S8+ T-Mobile here as well. And I reiterate that the S8+ borked my card so hard that my S7 Edge can't even read it (though Windows can).