cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Galaxy S8 SD Card Problems.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

1 month...21 pages....lots of complains later....and still nothing from Samsung. This is absolutely ridiculous. At least acknowledge the problem and tell us a fix is on the way. All we get is a "Samsung moderator" telling us he's going to report it. One of the reason I switched from iPhone to Android is because Android supports microsd. So now I can't even use my 256gb microsd without it acting up with all the ejecting and unmounting issues. 

Xealot42
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Small update: I've tried @HelpNeededTech 's solution and I think we are experiencing the same issue as it removed all of my mount/unmount loops as well. I've gone 24 hours without a single one where before it was 100+ per day.

Let me know if you need help testing any other alternative workarounds, as I am noticing the battery drain from forcing the partial wake lock. At this point, I think I would rather do without the SD card for the improved battery life.

JAMES
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just got off phone with Samsung Tech 2 guy and he said it's a Software Problems and they are Working on A fix for it soon .. because he said there over a Million other phones doing same thing ... because I went through 6 S8 plus with 3 weeks ... 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@James wrote:

I just got off phone with Samsung Tech 2 guy and he said it's a Software Problems and they are Working on A fix for it soon .. because he said there over a Million other phones doing same thing ... because I went through 6 S8 plus with 3 weeks ... 

Wow you went through 6 phones? That's crazy. I didn't bother swapping mine because I knew this is an gonna be an issue with all the S8/S8+. I've just been hanging on checking daily on this forum to see if there's any fix. Sad to say up until now there still isn't any. If Samsung is really working on a fix I hope it becomes available soon. Come on Samsung! Don't let us down!

JAMES
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Same thing I say,Hurry up and I told them ...
DeltaEon
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@James wrote:

This is very good news, thanks for the information.

JAMES
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Your Welcome .. 

HelpNeededTech
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@DeltaEon wrote:

@James wrote:

This is very good news, thanks for the information.

Well, let me give my version of an update on this matter. It's good news and there's bad news. I'll go into detail about the phone call I had with tech support, including Tech 2 tech support. I spoke to the first tech, without any hold time which kind of amazed me, haha. Anyways, he claimed he didn't know anything about the issue and he said he will look into it right now. He was a nice dude. I don't think he was playing dumb or anything, but he came back and said yes he is seeing many reports of that happening with s8 and s8+. He also stated that it seems to be happening with the SD cards that are not Class 10. I corrected him on this and claimed it was happening to all kinds of cards, including the ones that came with the bundle. He said something like "wow, well that isn't right". Kind of a no brainer on that part, haha. I then told him all of what was happening and my work around fix I had for some people that seemed to work. I made sure he documented it all and that i wanted to speak to a Technician Level Two about the issue. Put on hold, and again, and again. To the point where he said he would call me back later until he was able to get a hold of one. He did and this is how that went.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(paraphrasing is involved here)
Tech 2: We aren't aware of there being a problem with the SD card issue you are experiencing.

Me: Not to cause issue, but I know for a fact you guys do know of an issue regarding this. Not only are there several people online creating 20+ pages and 45+ pages on your own forum, but several people have called about this issue as well.

Tech 2: Well, I don't have anything recorded here stating such. All I can do is give you two options. 1) send in your phone for warranty repairs 2) go to a best buy and do a Software Reflash with one of our technicians there. Based on what problem you have it seems like it might be hardware since not many people are reporting this.

Me: [after arguing back that many have reported it on here again and telling her my findings. I then asked her how can it be hardware? she then agreed that it might be an error in loading the software] I understand your part in this, but I want to go through everything with you to pass it on to a higher up technition on the matter.

[I then explain everything you guys are experiencing on the forum, as well as myself. I also gave them my "work around fix" to make the problem 99% less for some people (without adding apps to the card). I went into great detail to tell her what was happening and it is not the card that's the problem here. I told her what I've done and so on, etc etc.]

Tech 2: Well, we can forward all your findings as well as your problems listed and things you've done to try and stop it to our higher up technicians and they will look it over. If it's software related then there should be an update in the next coming few weeks on the issue like we did with the "red tint" issue.

Me: Yes, that'd be great if you could inform them. (thought they should do that anyways?)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's to sum it up really. They kept playing the denial game for the most part. Saying they've never heard of such a problem existing. Do they not read their forums or document any other people's complaints? To tie it up, they are working on it as she said and they will resolve this issue, according to her. I told them they should put out at least a one sentence statement saying such. She says they have no control over anything until many reports come in on the issue. So, it doesn't seem to be high priorty for them at the time. Which leads me to my next part....

CALL THEM AND REPORT THIS BUG TO MOVE THIS ALONG FASTER. MAKE SURE THEY ARE AWARE OF THE ISSUE AND TELL THEM TO REPORT IT TO PEOPLE HIGHER UP, SO IT CAN BE PROPERLY TAKEN CARE OF. REALLY, PLEASE DO THIS. IT WILL NOT ONLY HELP US, BUT THEM AS WELL. TELL THEM EVERYTHING YOU ARE EXPERIEINCING AND HOW. DON'T GIVE UP AND DON'T GIVE UP, EVEN IF YOU HAVE TO STAY ON HOLD FOR A LITTLE. JUST SET THE PHONE ON SPEAKER PHONE AND WAIT IT OUT.

JAMES
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

**bleep** man ... Sorry they told u diff **bleep** to ..

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung is just full of sh*t. How can they not know when this is their forum. And also, we have a Samsung moderator here that's reporting everything. So either he or she has not been reporting to Samsung what we all been having issues with or Samsung is just denying everything to make it seem like there's nothing wrong. I guess they don't give a sh*t until this makes headline on the news. If that's the case then I hope it does happen. I hope they get exposed as they deserve it.