cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sun

Galaxy S8 Samsung messages App

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, 

The mobile carrier is T-mobile. As I understand it T-mobile does not allow 3rd party sms/mms message apps to send mms messages through their Wi-Fi calling network. They do however allow the pre-installed default message apps  to send mms through their wifi calling network. 

My galaxy s8 came with a pre-installed, default message app from Samsung. 

Sometimes the Samsung messages App will send mms but an hour later it won't. It may be a few days before  it starts sending mms again for a few hours then stops. 

Because it is compatible with Bixby voice I would like to be able to keep it as the default SMS app. 

For now I've moved on to a different mms app. Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Sun

Re: Galaxy S8 Samsung messages App

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Abandon all hope
6 REPLIES 6
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there @Clf
Let's try some troubleshooting steps, just let us know how these go!

1. Are all your Apps are up to date? You have 2 places that you need to look. Google Play store and Galaxy app store. Go to both and check My Apps. Make sure there is no app that needs updating. 
  2. Is your phone OS up to date? Go to Settings, About phone and check for software update. Make sure you have the latest phone software. 
  3. Clear phone cache. Instructions are here
  4. Clear Application cache and sometimes Application data. Instructions are here
  5. Restart your phone in Safe mode. This is just to help you isolate the issue if it is caused by 3rd part apps. Instructions are here

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Sun

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey,

Thank you for your reply.

I did something extreme and a little painful this morning. I really wanted to know why it wouldn't send MMS messages. FACTORY RESET.

FIRST   Stop the play store automatic update.  24 installed before I could get there. But there ok.

SECOND. Stop the auto update on Samsung galaxy apps store.

I open Samsung messages app. I write some text and attach a screen shot. A popup message appears  CONVERTING TO MMS. Tap the send button and it goes out and comes back in perfectly.. Repeat this ten times perrfect everry time.

Restart the phone ,test again works every time.

Download from play store only Google apps first. Restart the phone open Samsung messages app. Test just like before and it's working great. 

Now some Samsung apps are available at the play store. I chose to download them from the Samsung galaxy app store. So one by one I install restart and test  updates  bypassing any that might effect the messages app.

Everything  was working great and then i noticed one didn't send the image. I tapped the red minus bar and tried again. This time it went out and came back in .

Here is what I learned. When I type Some text attach an image it tells me it's converting the the message to MMS. Send the message and when it arrives long press on the image and on the popup window look at message details.At the very top it says MMS Message.

A few more messages were sent but it stopped notifying me that it was converting them to MMS. 

I installed an update push service or  and that  stopped it from working anymore. The image that gets left behind.when I check message details says it is a file transfer not an MMS.

I tested and tested it's not coming back.

I think that for whatever reason it Is not converting the sms to an MMS. 

LONG STORY RIGHT?

I WENT ahead and updated the the rest of the apps including the latest messages app, Bixby apps and so on because I know their not going to cause an issue and it already stopped working anyway.

Thanks for your time I appreciate it.

CLF

Highlighted
Sun

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Abandon all hope
Sun

JUMP TO SOLUTION
We Are Borg You will be assimilated
Resistance Is Futile