cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
artsyheartsy
Constellation

Galaxy S8 Screen Faulty?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The other day my Galaxy S8 screen started having issues with the touch. Sometimes it registers my touch, sometimes it doesn't, and other times it goes crazy and shows input in places I'm not touching. Since it's kind of hard to explain, I made a video showing the issue and put it on youtube for you guys to see. I enabled Developer Options and turned on the Show Pointer Location option so the you can easily see what the screen is doing while I touch it.

Here's the link: https://youtu.be/UjLEpG3mwsE

I got the phone brand new a few months ago, and it was working perfectly fine up until last Saturday. I am not using a screen protector and there is no external physical damage that I can see. (here's an image of it: https://imgur.com/yhJzkFz) I also have a case on it that I got when I bought the phone.

The phone software is up to date and I also let the battery drain completely to give it a full power down.

Does anyone know what I can do to fix this issue?

Uploaded by Chris Coleman on 2018-05-21.
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Supernova

Re: Galaxy S8 Screen Faulty?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty you are having with your screen, @artsyheartsy.

If you would like to look into some repair options I would suggest reaching out to me in Private Message, call our hotline at 1-800-726-7864, or by going to your nearest repair facility.

I hope you find a solution, we're always happy to help!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

3 REPLIES 3
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty you are having with your screen, @artsyheartsy.

If you would like to look into some repair options I would suggest reaching out to me in Private Message, call our hotline at 1-800-726-7864, or by going to your nearest repair facility.

I hope you find a solution, we're always happy to help!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userKGWwqVcqC1
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi there I’m having the same problem. My screen isn’t responding to where I press and is sometimes doing its own thing.

tried rebooting several times. 

Can you help?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userKGWwqVcqC1 do you have a screen protector on your device? Does this happen in safe mode?