cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userKAK04
Asteroid

Galaxy S8 Update Wifi Issues

I did the June update today with a Galaxy S8 and have little to no Wifi connectivity. Prior to the update, Wifi worked perfectly at my office and was the primary form of communication (snapchat/Instagram), etc. that I had to use while at office due to poor network connection inside our building. Have others had issues with the wifi since the update as well? Some of the other complaints have not (yet) shown up on my phone, but I do hate the look of the apps and the realization that I will have to adapt or re-customize is so frustrating. But the loss of wifi connections is completely UNACCEPTABLE! I may have to purchase a new device after being an avid Samsung fan for 15 years. Any help out there?

17 REPLIES 17
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy S8 Update Wifi Issues

Are you only having the Wi-Fi issue at work?Is a situation where you are unable to connect at all or are you connected with little to no internet access?

userKAK04
Asteroid

I am the only one who is having issues at work. I do not know if I have the issues with wifi at other locations as I haven't tested it elsewhere (home, etc.).  And had no issues up until just after I did the update here at work and restarted my phone. I can connect periodically, but then it will disconnect or will give me little to no access.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Can I please have who your service provider is?

userKAK04
Asteroid

Verizon is my phone provider

userKAK04
Asteroid

I seem to be having the same issues today at work. We have poor access to mobile network, so I always used Wifi successfully until the update.

userTcmt6AqTim
Constellation

Same problem. It's definitely the phone. The Motorola phones here don't have problems but the Samsung's (s8 and s10) do.

userKAK04
Asteroid

Happy to know it's not just me...but not happy that it seems no better today after returning from the weekend. I had decent mobile network service at home, but we also rarely connect to wifi in our home because of poor wifi. The mobile network worked okay, but wifi was no better.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you attempted to reset the network settings on your device?

userKAK04
Asteroid

Yes, multiple times in general management setting. I've also done the "forget network" and reset it all. Powered phone down, etc.